Active Now

Spunky
Shuhak
Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Training folks who don't have common sense is a waste of time. Is there a test for common sense that cannot be outwitted?

Training folks who don't have common sense is a waste of time. Is there a test for common sense that cannot be outwitted?

I have never taken a lie detector ttest but have heard they can be outwitted. A guilty person can pass a lie detector test. How I do not know. So that can't be the way.

Posted - June 15, 2020

Responses

Yes - 

The visual test - one can see by their actions that a person has no common sense.  People who lack common sense cannot hide it.  It “oozes” out of them.

The audio test - one can hear their foolish speech.  For some reason, people who lack common sense don’t try to hide it.  Rather they seem to enjoy advertising it … and quite loudly.

June 15, 2020 9:56 AM MDT

But if those who are administering those tests also lack common sense what happens then? Perhaps that is the source of the problem. Those who interview cop hires lack common sense. Those who train new cop hires lack common sense. The blind leading the blind..not to THEIR deaths but to the deaths of those they fear/despise. The unthems. Seems like a problem that will never be resolved. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      June 16, 2020 4:47 AM MDT

ANYONE can administer these tests.  I know I do, and I'm sure you do as well.   When I watch and/or listen to trump, I administer the test...  and the conclusion is - no common sense.  

I administered a test just the other day…

After much consideration, this county decided to cancel its yearly county fair due to the virus (the place gets very crowded).    Even though it meant a loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars for the local community (as well as for local non-profit organizations), they figured it wasn’t safe for the community.

My conclusion – they have common sense.

However, a few people in the community disagree.  They want the fair to go on as usual.  They even held a protest march.  Now these same people are trying to organize the fair on private property (as if any insurance company will allow it). 

My conclusion - not only do they not have common sense, but they’re ensuring that common sense won’t accidently “wander by”.

June 16, 2020 10:56 AM MDT