Active Now

Spunky
Thebigd
Randy D
Malizz
Shuhak
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If money is YOUR carrot and the money is great how long can/could/did YOU last working for a fool?

If money is YOUR carrot and the money is great how long can/could/did YOU last working for a fool?

I lasted three days and then gave my notice to the President's "administrative assistant"(secretary).

She wouldn't let me quit. Whisked me out to lunch and we had a couple of drinks with the meal. It was a very long lunch. She told me to just hang in for awhile.

She told me her boss the President was in the process of replacing him. Told me it wouldn't be much longer and to please document what the fool was telling me to do accounting-wise (he had a Harvard MBA) that was incorrect improper wrong illegal accounting practice! So I did. He was gone in a month! Score one for management for recognizing the problem and doing something about it!

That turned out to be the best job I ever had. His replacement was VERY SMART VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE and left me alone to do my job without hovering. When I was stuck or needed guidance he was there to set me on the right path. The best kind of boss to have.

Posted - June 16, 2020

Responses