Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Has there ever been a MASSIVE earthquake that hit without any warning signs manifesting themselves before it?

Has there ever been a MASSIVE earthquake that hit without any warning signs manifesting themselves before it?

Can a MASSIVE heart attack occur out of the blue without any warning to you it's coming? Or are there signs some don't recognize that could be imperceptible..subtle..sneaky?

Posted - June 17, 2020

Responses

What about the huge Indian earthquake Tsunami or 2004 Rosie....no one knew that was comming...I was in a Bar in Chania harbour Creete on New Year's Eve  when that struck...id never heard of tsunami before and was just so shocked at the distraction if
    it caused....it even washed a fully loaded railway train away into the ocean...
      June 17, 2020 5:56 AM MDT

I remember hundreds of thousands died during it. Whether or not there were any signs or warning I don't recall. Usually Tsunamis occur after massive earthquakes and I would think that would be the informative sign. There may have been a massive earthquake miles down in the oceans. Thank you for your reply D and Happy Wednesday to thee! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 17, 2020 5:33 PM MDT
      June 17, 2020 7:20 AM MDT

It was 100 miles plus away of the western coast of Sumatra and 19 miles deep on the ocean floor.. It killed a quarter of a million people...
    It was Boxing Day ,not New Year's Day...We were in Chania on New Year's Eve to......That evening when it got dark there was a Greek guy firing his AK 47 machine gun in to the water in the harbour right oppersite where we were sitting in a restaurant...:( 
    We were lucky that the bullets didn't ricochet of of the water..
      June 17, 2020 5:51 PM MDT

You lead an exciting if sometimes very dangerous life m'dear. 19 miles deep. What number was it? A 7 or 8 or maybe a 9 on the Richter scale? 19 miles deep seems so far away to have done so much damage. Thank you for your informative reply D! :)
      June 18, 2020 5:23 AM MDT