Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Celebrating commemorating Juneteenth an elderly lady who marches every year to honor it said the below. Your attitude too?

Celebrating commemorating Juneteenth an elderly lady who marches every year to honor it said the below. Your attitude too?

When asked by a reporter if she wasn't tired marching of every year she said

"No. I'm not one of those who sits in a rocking chair waiting to die. The LORD is gonna have to catch me".

Are you rockingchairing your life away or are you gonna have to get caught like this grand old lady?

Posted - June 19, 2020

Responses

I want to know why people are calling it Juneteenth ... rather than Freedom Day or Liberation Day, as it's also known by.
    Is that a disparagement on blacks? Or on Texans in general?
    Implying they are too stupid to say "June Nineteenth"?  

And why celebrate this day, rather than the day the Emancipation Proclamation was issued?

btw - did you know it didn't actually free all slaves?  And that it was only for 100 days?
    According to the Proclamation:
    https://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured-documents/emancipation-proclamation/transcript.html

EDIT - Well, maybe that's why they celebrate the day based on freeing the slaves in Texas.  It was after the 100 days. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at June 19, 2020 8:44 AM MDT
      June 19, 2020 8:31 AM MDT

I believe it was they themselves who did the coining Walt but I will Google it and let you know. I find your use of the word "stupid" to be quite offensive. Why did that occur to you? This post was edited by RosieG at June 20, 2020 3:47 AM MDT
      June 19, 2020 8:40 AM MDT