Discussion » Questions » Communication » It's far easier to convince folks of lies they wish to believe than the truth they despise. How does truth ever break through the wall?

It's far easier to convince folks of lies they wish to believe than the truth they despise. How does truth ever break through the wall?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

• Depends on the person, the particular lie, and how the lie affects their lives. Alcoholism is a typical example.
    Some people can live indefinitely in a state of denial -
    but I believe most reach a threshold at which the dysfunction caused by the denial becomes so unbearable that they are forced to face the truth - the moment when healing begins.
    There are other people who would rather be aware of the truth all the time or as much of the time as is humanly possible.
    These are the ones who become good readers of people. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 5, 2016 5:08 AM MDT
      October 4, 2016 3:46 AM MDT

Lives based on lies are lies. So the lie-based folks live a phony life that is totally fake. That I couldn't take. I'd rather know the truth and face it and also speak the truth and take whatever flak comes with that straight on upfront. Thank you for your reply hartfire and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 4:57 AM MDT