Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » So Amy K withdrew from Biden's list of possible veep candidates saying he needs to pick a woman of color. So now he is cornered?

So Amy K withdrew from Biden's list of possible veep candidates saying he needs to pick a woman of color. So now he is cornered?

John McCain wanted Joe Lieberman and he got stuck with Sara Palin and the rest is history. NOT that Joe would have selected Amy K. I think her withdrawing is OK in itself. But to tell him whom he SHOULD choose? I dunno. It rubbed me the wrong way. Just like trump DICTATING what people can/should do. I think Amy K means well but I personally am offended. A prez candidate SHOULD HAVE COMPLETE say in whom he wants as the veep. My humble opinion. If I were in Joe's shoes I'd want complete AUTONOMY to control that decision. It's like having others tell you whom you can marry.

Posted - June 19, 2020

Responses

I believe he should pick the most qualified person – regardless of their race, color, or gender.  Trying to please everyone or trying to please people who’re in a fevered frenzy rarely produces a good decision.  It’s possible that whomever he picks will end up as president (there’s always that possibility). 

June 19, 2020 2:16 PM MDT

If I were in Joe's shoes I'd want complete autonomy in selecting. That's like telling you whom you can marry. That is must be within a specific ethnic group. Stupid that. We'll see what happens. I mean there are some very fine African American pols out there whom I would find delightful being veep. MANY. And I have said I'd like it to be Kamala Harris but that's just my opinion. What doesn't Joe have the right to his opinion and making it happen? Weird. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      June 20, 2020 5:17 AM MDT