Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Intentionally disrespectful". When is disrespectful EVER UNINTENTIONAL?

"Intentionally disrespectful". When is disrespectful EVER UNINTENTIONAL?

Posted - June 20, 2020

Responses

Differences between cultures can result in unintentional disrespect.

So can differences between communication methods.
    EG: Me getting a warning for being "disrespectful" in communications, just because I am straightforward and direct rather than trying to find a way to "soften" my speech.
      June 20, 2020 11:42 AM MDT

But that is due to ignorance of what is required in various cultures Walt. Ignorance is quite likely ALWAYS disrespectful. I'm told that if you are served lamb/sheep EYEBALLS in the middle east you must not refuse to eat them. That would be highly insulting and thus disrespectful. So you eat them and then throw up. Isn't that more disrespectful than not eating it at all? Now as for you m'dear here is the truth as I see it. Being straightforward and direct is ALWAYS topnotch. Trying to "soften" truth is what you do for children. "Is there a Santa Claus"? What you say to a 3-year-old is not what you say to a 10-year-old. I support defend prefer straightforward and direct. Absent cruel mean vicious of course. Who in his/her right mind doesn't?  So far one arrest at the trump tulsa ego hate rally. A woman who bought a ticket was wearing a tshirt that said "I CAN'T BREATHE". She was there legally but was arrested for trespassing due to the words on the tshirt. Can you imagine what we have in store? I can't hardly wait. You? Thank you for your reply Walt! This post was edited by RosieG at June 20, 2020 11:53 AM MDT
      June 20, 2020 11:48 AM MDT