Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Democrats want a complete ban on all police chokeholds". You mean Republicans don't? They want the cop to decide when whom to chokehold?

"Democrats want a complete ban on all police chokeholds". You mean Republicans don't? They want the cop to decide when whom to chokehold?

What kind of ban is that?

They already decide when to chokehold and it isn't working.

Can someone explain the Republican position of why they want a half-vast ban and not a whole vast ban?

Posted - June 22, 2020

Responses

One of my friends was asking the other day, what would they replace the "chokehold" with?
    I thought maybe "pressure points" would work, but am sure that would take a lot more training.

June 22, 2020 9:59 AM MDT

Is it used when someone is bigger stronger or on drugs or something Walt? Puny size cops can't stand up to say a Duane Johnson? Whaddabout martial arts? I just now thought of that. I'm gonna ask. What do you think? Thank you for your reply! :)
      June 22, 2020 10:12 AM MDT

That's right, just mindlessly assume that all members of one party want one thing and all members of the other party want the opposite. Why think of people as individuals instead of homogeneous members of a group? You don't need to think as much that way.
      June 22, 2020 10:07 AM MDT