Active Now

Slartibartfast
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Some say cops are pigs. Some say women are pigs. Some say men are pigs. What do pigs think? Aren't they insulted being compared to humans?

Some say cops are pigs. Some say women are pigs. Some say men are pigs. What do pigs think? Aren't they insulted being compared to humans?

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

With all the name calling that's going on I'm losing respect for the Human race, As for the pigs I'm sure they don't like being used as a comparison to despicable humans.
      How can you not love pork? can you imagine how some humans would taste? YUK.
      October 4, 2016 8:52 AM MDT

Cannibals would know. I'm not one. Thank you for your reply TT and Happy Wednesday to thee! :)
      October 5, 2016 1:34 AM MDT

I used to say to others..."I would say you are acting like an animal, but I would be insulting the animals."
      October 4, 2016 9:30 AM MDT

A truer statement was never spoken Ele. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 1:35 AM MDT

• How true!
      October 5, 2016 3:03 AM MDT

• Nah, they're pigs too.
      October 4, 2016 9:53 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Lago and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 1:36 AM MDT

• Pigs say "OINK"
      October 4, 2016 11:47 AM MDT

What do pigs THINK AA? Are all OINKS the same? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:20 AM MDT

• Rosie! I have tried to understand the porcine thought process all my life. I, however can not get past the ribs of the pig, ham not so much but good ribs are outstanding. If I ever do get to point of understanding fluent porcine I will surely let you know what they think. By chance do you have a good rib recipe?
      October 5, 2016 6:41 AM MDT

• Other primates aside, pigs are more like humans than any other mammal.
    Forest-living subsistence New Guineans nurse piglets on human breasts,
    and sometimes also human babies on a sow's breasts.

All suids are  social species who form intense emotional bonds with their families.
    They are omnivores with great intelligence and adaptability.
    In the wild, their habits are clean (only humans keep them wallowing in filth.)
    When hunted, wounded or tortured they can turn aggressive and lethal.

Perhaps when we call people pigs, we are only speaking the truth.

But then, humans can behave much worse than even the most tortured boar.

So if pigs could understand our words, they would be right to be insulted. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 5, 2016 3:23 AM MDT
      October 5, 2016 1:26 AM MDT

I did not know any of that. It seems very creepy to me that pigs suckle on human breasts and vice versa anywhere in the world though. Any port in a storm? I dunno.  I think the interaction between animals and humans probably covers a very broad spectrum, some of which is less than savory. Thank you for your thoughtful and information-filled answer hartfire and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 5, 2016 3:23 AM MDT