Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the consequent punishment for ignoring virus safeguards? A fine? Jail? Deportation?

What is the consequent punishment for ignoring virus safeguards? A fine? Jail? Deportation?

How do we punish the trump? How would YOU like to punish him?

Posted - June 29, 2020

Responses

I want to knock them upside the head, but that wouldn’t do any good. I don’t want them to get sick, as that would only make more work for others (besides, they wouldn’t care anyhow).  Sticking them in jail might work for some, but it’d probably only serve to make them stupider (not to mention the expense for taxpayers).  Fines are good for businesses.  Hit 'em in the pocketbook a few times and they’ll usually start complying.  However, fining individuals probably won’t do much good.  They fine (and take the license from) drunk drivers, but those same people just go out and drive drunk again.  There’s just no easy answer. 

June 29, 2020 12:02 PM MDT

Your first 8 words caused me to start SHRIEKING with laughter Shuhak. My gosh but that's a GREAT opening line for any occasion! "I want to knock them upside the head"! If I were a writer I'd start off a book exactly like that!

So far I have read nothing about consequences for not adhering to the guidelines set by each state's governor. That bothers me. If you are supposed to do certain things for the benefit of yourself and others and YOU DO NOT DO THEM why do you get away with it? Where are the teeth in something like that? SIGH. Nothing is ever easy is it? I don't expect much from the folks who got us back to square one. Do you? They are intractable unteachable and have no desire to participate in getting through this. I'd say they are all incredibly intellectually disadvantaged but I think it's more than that. So here we go again! Beaches closed bars and restaurants closed. Shelter at home. Wear masks gloves and social distance when you go out. Only go out WHEN YOU HAVE TO. Weren't we already there a few months ago Shuhak? Is my memory that faulty?  So far New York New Jersey and Connecticut are doing better. But how do they prevent others from bringing the virus back in to reinfect them? How do you block a virus? Thank you for your reply and especially your opening line. "I want to knock them upside the head". I could not have put it better than that! :) This post was edited by RosieG at June 29, 2020 1:03 PM MDT
      June 29, 2020 12:13 PM MDT

It can never have teeth so long as if one person disagrees with it they're allowed to sue and get it overturned.  
      June 29, 2020 1:05 PM MDT

Sue whom? Get what overturned? Thank you for your reply Shuhak and Happy Tuesday! :)
      June 30, 2020 3:44 AM MDT