Active Now

Just Asking
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "WHAT DID THE PRESIDENT KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?" Asked of tricky dicky vis a vis Watergate. Asked of trump in Bountygate. Who else?

"WHAT DID THE PRESIDENT KNOW AND WHEN DID HE KNOW IT?" Asked of tricky dicky vis a vis Watergate. Asked of trump in Bountygate. Who else?

About what other president was that asked and whaddabout?

Posted - July 2, 2020

Responses

It is common knowledge that Trump doesn't read his daily briefing reports, so I'm not surprised that he thinks no one told him about the bounty issue.  I'm not inclined to believe that something as important as Russia, or any other country for that matter, offering bounties to kill American soldiers would have been omitted being reported to him by our intelligence agencies.  The fact that he did not confront Putin about this merely reinforces the appearance that he is subservient to Putin.  What astonishes me, although at this point it shouldn't, is that there are Democrats and Republicans on the various Intelligence Committees and they seemingly did nothing to advance the issue or take any action.

Per Axios:

"Ahead of an intelligence briefing today for congressional leaders, the N.Y. Times puts a price on secret Russian bounties for the Taliban:

• "Afghan officials said prizes of as much as $100,000 per killed soldier were offered for American and coalition targets."

The WashPost reports: "The White House is not planning an immediate response to intelligence reports of Russian bounties ... because President Trump does not believe the reports are true or 'actionable.'"

https://mail.yahoo.com/b/folders/1/messages/AHlCO5UjEmx-Xv27FgNnGPyM86U?.src=ym&%3Bamp%3Breason=myc&%3Bamp%3BfolderType=INBOX&showImages=true&offset=0&folderType=INBOX

July 2, 2020 5:11 AM MDT

Now we learn that the info was ALLEGEDLY discovered in early 2019. For a "head" who micromanages EVERYTHING and sticks his nose in EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME I am wont to disbelieve he was not apprised aware filled in. Another lie. Here's the annoying thing about him.

"I don't know anything about it. No one told me"
    "It's fake news. Putin knows nothing about it and so I believe him"

He always support Putin against American Intelligence Agencies. ALWAYS has ALWAYS will. What hold putin has over him one day will be uncovered. You know what astonishes me L? How many scandals trump is involed in simultaneously. Busy guy. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 2, 2020 5:25 AM MDT

I'm with you on this.  They probably didn't present the briefing written in crayon and didn't use his name 10 times on the page.  
      July 2, 2020 5:32 AM MDT

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! You slay me m'dear friend. You do! Only YOU would have thought of the crayon thingy. He favorite color is orange undoubtedly since he seems dipped in it! Thank you for your reply L! :) I shall ask.
      July 2, 2020 5:41 AM MDT

Nice to start the day with a laugh. Happy Thursday. :)
      July 2, 2020 6:11 AM MDT

Thank you m'dear! :Right backatcha! :)
      July 2, 2020 6:35 AM MDT

Obama on spying on the Trump campaign.
      July 2, 2020 6:20 AM MDT