Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is Atheism a religion? It is a belief in something is it not? Or rather disbelief? Do Atheists have schools?

Is Atheism a religion? It is a belief in something is it not? Or rather disbelief? Do Atheists have schools?

Are Atheists eligible for scholarships at the expense of the federal government too?

Posted - July 2, 2020

Responses

According to SCOTUS it is a religion for legal issues.

I do not believe atheists have schools. This post was edited by my2cents at July 2, 2020 6:33 AM MDT
      July 2, 2020 6:24 AM MDT

There are atheist clubs in schools and there are secular private schools but no atheist schools because there is nothing to teach.
    Atheism is a belief in alternatives to supernatural creation and  existence of supernatural forces. 
      July 2, 2020 7:57 AM MDT

Alternative to supernatural creation and existence of supernatural forces? Really? I did not know that Kg. What I know is that Athiests are very disdainful of those who believe in an otherwise. That they seek alternatives to explain the inexplicable is news to me. I've never seen an Atheist bring up the subject and want to discuss those alternatives. They avoid discussing it altogether other letting you know how gullble those who do believe are offering their only alternative. Nothing at all.

Strangely those who believe are just as intelligent as those who don't. It has nothing to do with intellect at all as  Atheists would like to think and of course flatter themselves when thinking so. It has to do another level of existence which cannot be reduced to words. It is a KNOWING deep within. If you are one you need no words. If you are not no words will suffice.

Thank you for your reply Kg and Happy Thursday to thee. This gives me an idea for a question though for which I thank thee! You'll recognize it. This post was edited by RosieG at July 2, 2020 8:18 AM MDT
      July 2, 2020 8:07 AM MDT

Maybe I should say that atheism for me is belief in alternatives to supernatural forces; the reason being that sometimes Christians  (especially JWs) will try to make me look foolish if I have no reasonable (scientific) explanation for something which seems like could only be a supernatural event.
    It's good to be challenged. 
      July 2, 2020 12:23 PM MDT