Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » All we have is what is here now. There is no after. That's what Atheists think I think. How do they explain before now?

All we have is what is here now. There is no after. That's what Atheists think I think. How do they explain before now?

Do they ever think about our purpose or is there no purpose to life?

We are born we live we die. Nothing to wonder about. Cut and dried. That's all there is.

Yet how can one not wonder about before now? If there were no before there would be no now. Would there?

Posted - July 2, 2020

Responses

The only purpose for existence since the beginning of life for any and all  species is to eat and reproduce as well as to evolve into new and improved species. 

There is no before or after because time is infinite. The universe eventually 'big crunches'  down into a single huge black hole then 'big bangs' into another new universe. (big bounce theory -Wikipedia)
      July 2, 2020 8:59 AM MDT

Apologies Kg but I don't grasp that concept at all.  Purpose is to eat reproduce evolve into new and improved species TO WHAT END? FOR WHAT PURPOSE? What is the payoff? Where is the ROI? What is the bottom line?

How can the purpose of being be being and nothing more? Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 2, 2020 9:04 AM MDT

In the natural realm of existence if there is any possibility for something to occur then it eventually WILL occur even if the odds are trillions to one. Life will begin where and when  life CAN begin.  No ultimate purpose required. 
      July 2, 2020 10:20 AM MDT