Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sociopaths are unable to sympathize empathize put themselves in someone else's shoes. Missing that DNA? Know any?

Sociopaths are unable to sympathize empathize put themselves in someone else's shoes. Missing that DNA? Know any?

Posted - July 2, 2020

Responses

I suspect my half-brother might be a sociopath because when I think about it up I can't think of a time when he ever displayed any kind of concern or empathy for other people whatsoever.  He was a lot older than me so I was never in school with him but I do know he was a bully in school.  He just got away with it because he always knew how to suck up to the right people like the teachers and the principal.  

He's a career criminal now.  He just started his second prison sentence for burglarizing self-storage units.  He was only out of prison for I think two months when he was caught again.  His first prison term was also for self-storage unit burglary so yeah, just not a high-end criminal like jewel thieves.  It didn't help his case that he was caught transporting his plunder in a stolen pick-up truck but he swears his friend let him borrow it and he didn't know his friend stole it.

He was already criminally career-oriented in high school.  He went to a boarding school in another state where he was caught shoplifting from the local Wal-Mart but my parents really tried to stay hush-hush about that.  It's one of those things I wasn't supposed to know.
      July 2, 2020 10:02 AM MDT