Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Is there anything important that I need to know about AnswerMug?

Is there anything important that I need to know about AnswerMug?

I'm kinda new to this site

Posted - October 4, 2016

Responses

• Welcome ... There only one important rule ... Keep your hands inside the car at all times! Most important! Oh, and have fun ... Browse the groups and see what interests you ... See ya :)
      October 4, 2016 10:23 PM MDT

Yes. It's a very friendly place with users well above average in intelligence, a watchful owner and a few anonymous mods who go skulking around looking to ferret out troublemakers. Once they find them, we all gather around a huge cauldron where we have them for supper. Everything you've heard about trolls being delicious is true! -)
      October 4, 2016 10:31 PM MDT

• *wonders what is average intelligence 
      October 5, 2016 3:52 AM MDT

Going strictly by the stats, an 'average' western IQ is somewhere between 100 and 120.  'Well above' would be in excess of that. :-)
      October 5, 2016 1:23 PM MDT

Yes.
    Here there be Dragons.
      October 4, 2016 10:43 PM MDT

Well, we are a bit...ahem...off the map. :-)
      October 4, 2016 10:44 PM MDT

• Only the corner bits where they ran out of ink ...
      October 4, 2016 10:54 PM MDT

...Or patience. :-)

Question: why did the Maya cease making calendars at December 21, 2012?
    Answer: YOU try carving hieroglyphs in stone for four thousand years! This post was edited by Transquesta at October 4, 2016 11:04 PM MDT
      October 4, 2016 11:00 PM MDT

• Yes ... it used to be rule number 1 on this site, in the Terms Of Service (TOS), but it has been moved to #5.
      If I were you, I would still treat it as though it were #1.

5. "Lastly, you can’t say anything bad about coffee."
     That’s just not cool. :) This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 5, 2016 1:24 PM MDT
      October 5, 2016 3:31 AM MDT

• Hi Alex,
    Welcome! :)
    Try anything and everything that attracts you - questions, blogs, statements, groups, polls, messages (when you've collected a friend or more,) & chat windows.
    Take your time getting the feel of things and experimenting with how things work.
    After a while, you'll get to know the flavour of each avatar and which ones you feel attracted to wanting to know better.
    Some people here like to play act - they have rapid changes of avatars which go with different behaviours, questions and answers - impossible to guess who they are behind the scenes. It's a very mild form of trolling which doesn't transgress the ToS but can be very confusing if you're not used to it.
    Some people get their best kicks from irony and or sarcasm - it often doesn't register as what it is without tone of voice or facial expression - but once you know who they are, you know who to not take seriously.
    Some people are direct - what they say is exactly who they are.
    After a while, you'll get to know who's who.
    We really are like a kind of community.
    Hope you enjoy us. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 5, 2016 1:24 PM MDT
      October 5, 2016 5:45 AM MDT