Active Now

Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » GOD created all INCLUDING HIS SON Jesus. Therefore JESUS could not possibly be GOD. Unless?

GOD created all INCLUDING HIS SON Jesus. Therefore JESUS could not possibly be GOD. Unless?

There was no crucifixion or resurrection? It was all a hoax? Jesus did not die on a cross?

It was all for show? Judas did not betray Jesus? Some storyteller invented it?

Posted - July 7, 2020

Responses

God did not create Jesus.  Jesus, like God, is eternal – no beginning no end.  That’s a hard thing to wrap our minds around since everything in this universe has a beginning and an end. 

Jesus is God in that He is the exact representation of God.

July 7, 2020 2:14 PM MDT

So the birth of Jesus in a Manger and Mary being the mother of Jesus is all fake? A fairy tale spun by people to do what?

Mary and Joseph and the Manger and the STAR and the Three Wise Men? All fake? I must say that sets me back bigly. Very bigly. I was a 12-year-old teacher at our local church. I had the nursery school kids/kindergartners. The lessons I prepared were all for nauhght? I filled them with bogus info?

This is very big news to me. I shall have to absorb it or try to. 82 years believing one thing and now you tell me it never was. I'm not sure I will get to where you are. i don't have enough time. Thank you for your reply.
      July 8, 2020 3:36 AM MDT

That is not what he said.
      July 8, 2020 5:10 AM MDT

There’s a bit more to it than that.  Jesus has always existed but as a spirit (just like God).  However, He took on a mortal body (became human) so that He could become a perfect sacrifice to redeem us.   Jesus was born into a physical body (just like ours) through Mary.   Therefore Jesus was both human and God (incarnate).  As a human, He went through the same things we go through - joy, sorrow, pain, pleasure, temptation, heartache, loneliness, and even death.   Many see God as some far off deity who hasn’t have a clue what it was like to go through life here on earth.  Since Jesus was human, He (being God) can understand us, our struggles, our fears, our loneliness, our heartaches, our joys.  

You can “get where I am” at ANY age.  One doesn’t have to know everything to follow Jesus.  One simply has to believe that He is who He says He is, and be baptized into Him.  Jesus is the Son of God.  He came down to earth in the form of a man, died on a cross, and was resurrected 3 days later.  That’s all one needs to know.  That’s where I am.    It starts with simple faith and grows eternally.

July 8, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

"Begotten, not made, one in being with the Father"
    (Nicene Creed)

"In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and without Him not one thing came into being."
    (John 1: 1-3)
    "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us."
    (John 1: 14)

His MORTAL BODY was born if the Virgin Mary, the essence of His being (soul) was part of God in the Beginning - if the Holy Bible is to be believed. As was the Holy Spirit, which hovered over the waters when God began to create - God's "master worker" and "little child", it's a Hebrew pun (Proverbs 8: 30) - she's Jesus sister.
      July 8, 2020 5:55 AM MDT