Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Weather » If you are in the South-East of the USA, have you received the warning for MANDATORY EVACUATION? Hurricane Mathew, category 3 is coming.

If you are in the South-East of the USA, have you received the warning for MANDATORY EVACUATION? Hurricane Mathew, category 3 is coming.

If you are in the South-East of the USA,

have you received the warning for MANDATORY EVACUATION?

Hurricane Mathew, category 3, is coming.

It is due to hit landfall approximately 12 hours from the time of this post.

Posted - October 5, 2016

Responses

I live in the southeast, but we're about 200 miles inland. We prolly won't even get any rain. :-(
      October 5, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

Yes Ma'am, a couple of times. Katrina being the most recent. Glad I left, even happier I didn't head
    East like the mayor suggested!

Anyone in the path of this thing should get out ASAP, it just isn't worth staying.
      October 5, 2016 2:45 PM MDT

It's already showing its ugly face here. There are even huge lines at the gas stations, which are all pretty much out of gas. Anyway I'm not leaving and I have work to go to.

No mandatory evacuations though, just a big warning. I should probably get some supplies though, I don't wanna get trapped without food other than those nasty canned sausages again.. This post was edited by Patchouli at October 5, 2016 5:04 PM MDT
      October 5, 2016 4:51 PM MDT

No.  I'm four miles inland.
      October 5, 2016 9:10 PM MDT

Four whole miles??  I'm on the opposite side of the state where we shouldn't get much more than a little windiness and higher than normal tides.  The East coast folks have flooded us.  We are happy to have them. :)
      October 6, 2016 3:29 PM MDT

I'm on the West coast of Florida.  We're just under a watch expecting some rain and wind but no big deal.  The East Coast people have flooded our town.   All hotels are filled and the grocery shelves are empty.  A lot of them came in RVs and are parked in parking lots. 
      October 6, 2016 1:01 AM MDT

I am not in this area, I am praying for the millions that will be affected.
      October 7, 2016 12:04 AM MDT

Oh Wow.  Sounds very familiar.  I used to live in South Florida and was in Hurricane Andrew. 

I hope all is well over there
      October 7, 2016 12:18 AM MDT