Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Many civilized countries do far better than we vis a vis child care and health care. Why is America so consistently behind?

Many civilized countries do far better than we vis a vis child care and health care. Why is America so consistently behind?

Posted - July 11, 2020

Responses

Happens when corporations are more highly valued than human beings.
      July 11, 2020 7:15 AM MDT

SIGH. SHOW ME THE MONEY! The battle cry of the typical AMERICAN CAPITALIST! Thank you for your reply R and Happy Saturday. Read about the new Melbourne shutdown. That's not too far away from Adelaide on my world map. How is Adelaide doing? You and Maureen and the family too? FINE we hope! Yesterday there were 70,000 plus new cases of the virus in the usa. Dr. Fauci sez soon it will be 100,000 per day. The trump sez Fauci got a lot of things wrong. Meanwhile what did the trump do yesterday?  Commuted Roger Stone's sentence. Well the trump sure has got his priorities straight. Meanwhile he is forcing schools to open wide in mid-august exerting much pressure. One word. AARRGGHH! :(
      July 11, 2020 7:23 AM MDT

Melbourne is further away from Adelaide than Hemet is from San Francisco. Would a lockdown in 'Frisco bother you?
    Different State and the border is sealed. While I fear for colleagues there, I have no loved ones in that city. I hope that you, Jim and yours are also staying safe.
      July 11, 2020 7:29 AM MDT

So about 500 miles from here to San Francisco. But you do have free travel within your country right? Melbourne and Adelaide are both in the south apart more sideways that upways whereas San Francisco is straight up north. Melbourne is more at a diagonal or bias but I don't know if direction has anything to do with distance though R. It just looks too close for comfort. Thank you for the reply and info! We are doing out best to stay alive. A week or so ago I saw people maskless in the grocery stores. This past week everyone had a mask and we were all playing "keep away" in the market. Hope it takes! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 11, 2020 7:58 AM MDT
      July 11, 2020 7:57 AM MDT

Melbourne is in the State of Victoria, more than 700 miles from here. Adelaide is in the State of South Australia - and while in normal circumstances there is free travel, these aren't normal circumstances and the borders with Victoria are CLOSED while this plays out.
      July 12, 2020 2:46 AM MDT