Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The trump blinked. I think he cancelled the New Hampshire rally for fear of there being a very small tiny turnout. Terrified at this stage?

The trump blinked. I think he cancelled the New Hampshire rally for fear of there being a very small tiny turnout. Terrified at this stage?

Allegedly rain was expected in New Hampshire but set to clear out by noon. The rally was supposedly going to be at 8pm which forecast is 75 degrees and clear.

So what's really going on here? Weather or fear?

Posted - July 11, 2020

Responses

Large crowds feed his ego.   If he can’t have a guaranteed large turnout then he just won’t go (that’ll show ‘em who’s boss!).   The low turnout in Tulsa pissed him off to no end.   He desperately needs attention and approval.   That’s why he holds rallies in the first place.  The virus is stealing his place in the news, so he does something bizarre in order to get those headlines back.  The virus is forcing people to wear masks.  By being opposed to wearing a mask (doing the opposite of what he should), he keeps himself in a spotlight (at least someone’s looking at me).  The virus is like the ocean tide that comes in and washes away a child’s sandcastle.   Trump’s “castle” was the economy.  Yet instead of building another castle further away from the water, he wants the old castle to “magically reappear”.   That’s why he’s so intent on reopening everything right now.  If the castle instantly rematerializes, everyone will sing his praises.   He also believes that by playing down the virus, he can somehow make the tide go back out (if I can’t see it, then it doesn’t exist). 

July 11, 2020 12:28 PM MDT