Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Perhaps you are very clear on this. I am totally confused. What message is trump attempting to send? To whom? Why?

Perhaps you are very clear on this. I am totally confused. What message is trump attempting to send? To whom? Why?

The virus is exploding in America and he seems quite unruffled unconcerned unworried. The country is engulfed in racial division, fear of the police and an ever-present enemy out there always ready to make them ill or kill them. Yet he seems oblivious to it. So what am I supposed to take away from that? I honestly do not know. If you do could you kindly share it with us?

Posted - July 12, 2020

Responses

I think Trump is in way over his head.  He is far from competent to deal with any of the serious issues that have emerged over the past six months and is in denial that they even exist because he is powerless to control any of it.  He cannot bully the virus away, which is his usual manner of dealing with anything that thwarts his plans.  Now, all of a sudden, he's wearing a mask!  A day late and a dollar short.  The office of president is an overwhelming responsibility, which is why most presidents surround themselves with people who are competent, experienced and smart.  This president has surrounded himself with butt-kissers who are as incompetent as he is to handle their positions. I believe Donald Trump will go down as one of the worst presidents in this country's history he and his administration will be judged harshly.
      July 12, 2020 7:39 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply to my question L. It is a sincere question. I expect I know what he wants his base to think since they never seem to question anything he does or says. From that I deduce they are not confused. They get his message. He comes through for them loud and clear. For me? Not at all. I know he despises Democrats of which I am a progressive liberal offshoot. Is that all I'm supposed to know? There is nothing there but that? Doesn't seem like very much if ya think about it. Oh well. :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 12, 2020 1:04 PM MDT
      July 12, 2020 7:53 AM MDT

As much as Trump's base think the Democrats are sheeple, they don't see that they blindly follow him and do what he expects of them.  To me, that's the definition of sheeple.
      July 12, 2020 1:05 PM MDT

All I get from the trumper loyalists is that Dems are to be hated. Period. So they follow orders. I am delighted that there are some anti-trump Republicans urging other republicans to vote for Biden. One group is Republican Voters Against Trump. A member said "I'd rather vote for a tuna sandwich"! Isn't that hilarious? Thank you for your reply L and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2020 12:20 PM MDT
      July 16, 2020 2:01 AM MDT

I'm happy to finally see Republicans speaking out against him.  
      July 16, 2020 12:21 PM MDT

Few and far between so far. HOWEVER a dam breaking begins with a few leaks. So we finger cross and hope and wait and see how many of them have regained sanity. Thank you for your reply L and Happy Friday! :)
      July 17, 2020 5:09 AM MDT

Time will tell. :)  Happy Friday. :)
      July 17, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

Yep although I fear we are fast running out of time L. :) Thanks sweetie! :)
      July 17, 2020 9:28 AM MDT

None of us can stop time.
      July 17, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

Yet. Who knows what we can do futurely L? We are limited by our inadequacies imperfections defects. Right now. I think there may be many more dimensions than the three our senses allow us to experience. Perhaps somewhere "out there" time is maniipulatable. Now let me remind you my favorite literary genre is SCIENCE FICTION and I am a QUANTUM PHYSICS addict though I have no background in it at all. So for me there are many possibilities. We just haven't developed what we need to access them. It is said that a very small percent of our brains are used. What lurks in the rest of the brain? Were we more intelligence in antiquity than we are now? Are our brains getting smaller along with our capabilities? There are mysteries in antiquity we have yet to figure out. Perhaps one day we will. Thank you for you reply. Apologies for the length post! :)
      July 18, 2020 4:29 AM MDT

LOL ... I have enough trouble dealing with the present let alone thinking about another dimension. :)
      July 18, 2020 9:29 AM MDT

Hah! Well our brains are wired enough the same that we get along just great but enough different to keep us still indpendent individuals. THE ONLY WAY TO FLY! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 18, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

Wouldn't be any fun if we didn't differ at times. :)  Happy Saturday. :)
    It's 89 degrees right now with a "real feel" of 96, poor air quality, barely a breeze and full sun.  Good day to stay inside.  Only 80 in the apartment, so I'm running the fans for now which works.
      July 18, 2020 11:29 AM MDT

• You're not confused. You've been part of a movement to destroy this president since his emergence on the national scene. While decrying racial injustice and bigotry as a smokescreen  over the last four years, the left has intensified  its destructive actions and rhetoric like a laser beam. When this president refused to go down, the administration's adversaries simply started taking random shots in the dark. Don't disappoint me this late in the game by assuming the mantle of the confused bystander. A person cannot own the argument while disavowing any participation. However, if it's any consolation, the Trump campaign is completely off message and the camp is in disarray. This will prove fatal if it's not corrected. Those of us who believe in the electoral process and the rule of law are prepared to move on. It's doubtful if the left can say the same. 
      July 12, 2020 8:21 AM MDT

:):):)
      July 12, 2020 9:03 AM MDT

The wheels seem to be coming off his go-cart.
      July 17, 2020 8:42 AM MDT