Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many Republicans are proud of the transformation shapeshifting of the Republican Party from what it was to what is today?

How many Republicans are proud of the transformation shapeshifting of the Republican Party from what it was to what is today?

How many of the "Republicans" today support the assassination of Abraham Lincoln and think the assassinator assassin is a hero? Asinine assassin?

Posted - July 12, 2020

Responses

Barry Goldwater is largely resposible for the Republican and Democrat parties switching places. By opposing the Civil Rights Bill which Lyndon Johnson signed into law, the rednecks and white supremacists discovered that he was their boy. All the former Confederate states turned from blue to red almost overnight.
      July 12, 2020 5:12 AM MDT

Southern states did not become Republican controlled until the 1990s a full 30 yrs after the Republicans forced civil rights through congress....which LBJ had no choice but to sign.  "This will have those ***** voting Dem for 200 years."  
    Even JFK voted against civil rights a Senator. 
      July 12, 2020 6:20 AM MDT

Au contraire. The last time the South voted Dem was in 1976, when not even Jesus Christ could have been elected for the Republican Party in the wake of Watergate.

July 12, 2020 7:17 PM MDT

Lol. There are many more elections than just the Presidential.   And as I said Republicans did not take over state governments until decades after the civil right passage. (Which was passed by Rep in Congress in the 1960s. Finally after fighting Dems since the 1800s to pass them) 
    If there was this switch in sides then it would have showed up locally as we know "all politics is local." Alabama did not elect a Rep governor until 1986, Missisppi in 1990s, Georgia until the 2002. 

So where is this switch after the civil rights passage? 

It was Dems like Byrd, Gore, and other Dixiecrats who opposes civil rights, passed Jim Crowe laws etc....and as they retired they were replaced by more Dems.  Again where is this switch ? This post was edited by my2cents at July 12, 2020 7:55 PM MDT
      July 12, 2020 7:52 PM MDT

AARRGGHH! On another thread you laid that on me R. The Goldwater SOB did quite a number on the GOP and now we get the 'fruits" of his labor? I CAHN'T STEND IT! Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 12, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

Nonsense. Rep love Lincoln. 
      July 12, 2020 6:23 AM MDT

Nobody really supported Lincoln's assassination.
      July 12, 2020 7:20 PM MDT