Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The first case of a person getting infected and getting well and getting infected again has allegedly surfaced. An anomaly?

The first case of a person getting infected and getting well and getting infected again has allegedly surfaced. An anomaly?

So how long does the alleged IMMUNITY last? Does it wear off over time?

What protects you from getting a variation of Covid 19? Is this a lifelong threat as the virus mutates?

Inquiring minds wanna know. Are you an inquirer too?

Posted - July 15, 2020

Responses

There is no long-term immunity to this virus.  After 3-6 weeks, one can become reinfected with it. 

This means that when they find a vaccine we’ll have to take it repeatedly.  Hopefully they can (eventually) find a way so that the vaccine will only need to be administered once a year (like a flu shot).  This virus is here to stay!

July 15, 2020 2:12 PM MDT

Do you have a source for the 3-6 weeks?  

July 15, 2020 6:14 PM MDT

:):):)
      July 16, 2020 2:04 AM MDT

I heard it on the local news.
      July 16, 2020 2:00 PM MDT

Have you ever heard of Dr John Campbell? He does daily updates on the virus, he's been covering Covid since January, really knowledgeable. 

I wouldn't listen to a newsreader. If there was anything solid about reinfection, he would talk about it. He does address the possibility in this video. If you can't or don't want to watch the video, I'll cut to the chase now; People are not likely getting reinfected. Very mall traces of the virus will remain in your system for weeks, but it won't be active, it won't be replicating itself because you've produced antibodies. Your testing positive again because the tests are very sensitive. Many who had severe, even moderate disease may continue to have symptoms for months after the virus is completely gone. In some cases damage could be lifelong. 

July 17, 2020 1:49 PM MDT

It will keep morphing into different strains as well Shuhak. That's what the Flu does and so they have to keep adjusting vaccines every year to accommodate to whatever iteration exists at that time. It's pretty confusing tell you the truth! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      July 16, 2020 2:04 AM MDT

Adding to Shuhak's answer, it appears that the body's reaction to SARS-Cov19 virus is similar to that with some of the other Corona virii, notably the one causing the Common Cold, in that we cannot make long-lasting antibodies.

Also, this strain of virus might be another that mutates frequently enough to stay a step ahead....

The fear now  being expressed is of another rise in infections in the Winter. As I understand and think about it, the idea that warm weather inhibits the disease is misleading. After all, it is rampant in hot countries as well as temperate. 

Instead, it is our seasonal behaviour that encourages respiratory diseases - we are out in the open air, and fairly spread out, much more in Summer, and ventilating our homes etc. by opening windows. In Winter we snuggle down in nice warm homes and public buildings with other people closely around us, and close the windows.  
      July 15, 2020 5:48 PM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Durdle. We've been hit with something very troubling and I shall ask a question about it. It seems the trump government now demands that all hospitals send all patient information directly to the white house and not the CDC. Obviously so they can control what goes out or change things before release. A very big bad. Here's the question. Do other countries monitor us and can they provide us with the truth? Our government lies to us and now is going to block information that is vital for us to know. Unless the trump rescinds that demand. It is worrisome and troubling more and more. The trump is killing us and he doesn't want us to know anything. Happy Thursday. Here goes the question.
      July 16, 2020 2:13 AM MDT

The truth is, I do not know, mainly because I do not understand your country's politics deeply enough, so I do now know how much the White House can control or influence the USA's scientists and doctors.

I think most countries are watching each other carefully but they cannot fairly judge progress in another whose statistics are blocked or openly diverted. I would assume though, or anyway hope, that the scientists in the USA are co-operating with their colleagues around the world, irrespective of anything Trump says or does.

Has he given his side of the story by explaining publicly why he wants to bypass the CDC? What was the response from the CDC and hospitals? 

It is hard to see how he could block exchanges at the scientific level even if he censors or stifles public release in the USA, if only because he would not be able to keep that act itself secret from the rest of the world.    
      July 18, 2020 2:55 PM MDT

If trump is asked he will only lie. Why would anyone demand information be sent to him instead of the normal typical standard ordinary historical way it has always been done? We know the trump is anti-science. When information comes to you BEFORE it is distributed you can "massage" it "adjust" it "embellish" it "leave out certain embarrassing data. The trump lies about and denies and misstates things that are well known elsewise otherwise elsewhere. That does not stop him from doubling down on the lie. That is his nature. Think what he can do with information that is not well known but kept hidden? That is the MO. You really don't need to know any more about a country than that the leader lies about everything all the time. Supports defends embraces compliments racists. Believes the Russian side of an issue rather than the American side. Throws his own people under the bus whenever it suits him. That is apparent and obvious worldwide. I know you are measured and certainly don't deal in hyperbolic anything Durdle. I appreciate your input very much as you know. However the view from outside can be quite distorted due to constant "plastic surgery". They put lipstick on the pig  every day and fake eyelashes and makeup to hide the ugly you know. We who see what is from the inside? It is very ugly..too ugly to bear but bear it we must. Until? That is the unknown.  Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      July 19, 2020 4:18 AM MDT

Well, we do see or hear both sides of the argument, from the BBC; and though we might not be told every last detail, we do all know Donald Trump is manipulative, divisive and twists back and forth to suit the occasion!

Let's see what your forthcoming election brings...

Happy Sunday too... Oo-er! I didn't see that until this evening, Thursday. So, happy Friday!
      July 23, 2020 2:52 PM MDT

Oh m'dear that is just the tip of a very deep iceburg. I won't bore you with all the details because there is no point to it. Hope all is well with you and yours as much as can be. Thank you for your reply Durdle and Happy Friday to thee and thine! STAY SAFE! :)
      July 24, 2020 2:20 AM MDT