Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "India LOCKDOWN reimposed as Covied 19 surge reaches ONE MILLION CASES. Coming to a theater near you?

"India LOCKDOWN reimposed as Covied 19 surge reaches ONE MILLION CASES. Coming to a theater near you?

Posted - July 15, 2020

Responses

We've had some local returns to the restrictions, but not nationally, in the UK.

A speaker on the radio yesterday made an interesting observation that what we have had imposed in the UK was not really a "lock-down" - we have not had the near house-arrest conditions some countries used, though the Police have sometimes had to disperse groups.  
      July 15, 2020 5:36 PM MDT

I wonder if people are being fined or punished somehow for not following the orders? We have a rather large group of obstinates who support trump who will do whatever he tells them to do. Which puts the rest of us in constant jeopardy no matter what we do. We know WHAT to do and if we all did that we could find an end to this pandemic. But there is that hard core group that will never do what they should do. Does every country have such a group? Perhaps. But the united states leads the way hugely in Covid 19 virus cases and deaths. Due to the nature of the people who choose the worst thing not the best thing. How do you control THEM when they do it to please the "powers that be"? Still working on it I guess though it does seem hopeless. Thank you for your reply Durdle. How the mighty have fallen! Once upon a time the usa used to be somebody. :( This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2020 2:46 AM MDT
      July 16, 2020 2:37 AM MDT