Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Our society is evolving and devolving simultaneously. One faction moves forward to freedom and equality for all. The other?

Our society is evolving and devolving simultaneously. One faction moves forward to freedom and equality for all. The other?

It yearns for the old days the old ways when slavery was king and queen. The Confederacy is alive and well and weaponized to "take back the country".

The freedom and equality for all faction are mostly anti-gun nonguns and therefore not weaponized. Are they doomed to be slaughtered by the Confederacy? Are our streets going to run bloodred with the blood of the freedom fighters and equality seekers?

Which side are you on? Are you a gun or a non-gun? I know you guns are willing to murder to get your way. Are you willing to die?

Posted - July 18, 2020

Responses

Our nation is crumbling into chaos.  Everywhere we see oppression, depression, suppression, expression, repression… 

Everyone’s demanding their “rights” at the preclusion of everyone else’s.  “white power”, “black power”; “republican”, “democrat”; “keep guns”, “ban guns”; “pro-abortion, “pro-life”; “mask”, no mask”; “I’m offended, change it”, “I like it as it is, leave it”;  “I’m right, you’re wrong”; “he’s touching me”, “she’s looking at me”, “can’t make me!”;  “am not!”, “are too!” …

Everyone is so focused on themselves that they’re blinded to what there actually doing.  They’re destroying a nation.  People’s refusal to cede even one of their “rights” is dooming them to, eventually, having none.  This nation has only been great when its citizens focus on others and not on themselves.   We set aside days to honor those who gave the “ultimate sacrifice” for their country, yet so few are willing to sacrifice even one of their “rights” for another.  Dying for ones country is hard, but LIVING for it is even harder.   Accepting others despite their skin color, gender, religion, national heritage, or political preference is not something that comes easy to people.  Every one of us has biases, prejudices.  Leaning to overcome them is difficult, but not impossible.  To do this, we not only have to want to overcome them, but we must constantly practice subduing them, otherwise we will become slaves to them.  The result of our being its slave is hate, anger and violence… something we’re seeing a lot of lately.  A house divided against itself cannot stand. 

July 18, 2020 5:46 PM MDT

I agree with every word. We don't have a mitigator. If we had a leader who was kind honest honorable intelligenct and dare I say patriotic he/she would be able to help with a salve or a potion or a lotion we could dab on from time to time so we could remember whom we are what we are and WHO made us. You know that's true Shuhak. Where do we find such a one as that? Who is not in it for selfish motives? Who truly wants to serve? SIGH. Thank you for your thoughtful reply m'dear. What will we be subjected to today? More of the  same shame inane insane? How could it be otherwise? :( This post was edited by RosieG at July 19, 2020 2:25 PM MDT
      July 19, 2020 4:07 AM MDT