Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The US bugment keeps delaying release of GUIDELINES for opening schools safely. Another delay. WHY?

The US bugment keeps delaying release of GUIDELINES for opening schools safely. Another delay. WHY?

Because they have no clue what they're doing. Isn't it OBVIOUS? Delay delay delay delay delay. BUT OPEN UP SCHOOL FULL BORE ALL THE WAY OR PAY A BIG PRICE WITH TRUMP REVENGE RETALIATION VENDETTA!

Gee swell okay. Why didn't ya say so. We're cool. We're good. We will obey. It's all ok. Really it is.

Posted - July 20, 2020

Responses

Because there is really no foolproof way to safely reopen the schools.  If kids are less likely to catch the virus, they can conceivably spread it to teachers and bring it home to their parents and any extended family.  If I were a teacher, I would be very concerned.  I would be equally concerned if I were a parent, but I also realize that aside from the educational an social damage not being in school causes, some parents absolutely need to get back to work so they can feed their families and may not have anyone to watch their children.  It is a very serious problem all the way around.
      July 20, 2020 10:56 AM MDT

It would take an extremely INTELLIGENT CARING president to figure it out. We lose on both counts! I heard of a woman who quit her teaching job because she is afraid to go back to teaching school RIGHT now when things are getting so much worse.  Glad we have no grandkids young enough to be in school. We sure as he* WOULD NOT HAVE SENT OUR KIDS back to school. A blessing. Being old. Another blessing for sure! Thank you for your thoughtful reply L. :) ((hugs)) I just felt like hugging you so I did. Okey dokey?
      July 20, 2020 11:07 AM MDT

Okey dokey.  I'l take a hug from you any time.  I have four teachers in my family and I have five great-nieces and four great-nephews who are still in elementary school.  Only one of the teachers has expressed any trepidation about returning to teach and I'm sure she's worried about her two little boys.  Not sure about the others as they have not discussed the issue with me.  
      July 20, 2020 4:23 PM MDT

New York now only has to worry about outsiders coming in and community spreading again. I'm sure not every New Yorker was perfect but mostly the citizens there all COOPERATED. They had to or your results wouldn't be what they are. So congrats on that and fingers crossed they hold. Meanwhile Texas Florida Arizona and California are shooting straight up. The California Governor tried to do the right thing and for awhile it appeared to be succeeding. But photos of beachgoers after things started to open up plus all the bar flies et al really screwed us up. So far it's being reported that this time is worse than the beginning. So what do you do when folks around you refuse to do the right thing? Not a whole lot! Thank you for your reply L and Happy Tuesday. I think the "essential" workers who have been on the job through all of this are all heroes. Some of them have paid the dearest price. More to come. Oh well. Keep your chin up and I'll do the same. Deal? :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 21, 2020 11:09 AM MDT
      July 21, 2020 2:19 AM MDT

I really do feel bad about California regressing when they did the right things to start.  Cuomo is getting some pushback from New Yorkers who want to party and do the beach scene and he has said that if they continue to disregard his mask/distance mandate, he will not hesitate to close it all down again.  We can only control ourselves and our own actions and hope that others will comply with the rules.  Happy Tuesday. :)
      July 21, 2020 11:12 AM MDT

Thanks L. I appreciate that. I guess none of us are ever going to be completely out of danger. Because as you said all we can do is what is right and have no control at all over what others do. We are victims of their actions. I don't do victim very well at all and I'm positive you don't either. This is a new way of living for sure. So far so good but it surely could have been better. And now the trump will be doing daily briefings on his own all alone and you know what means. Lies and an ego hate rally every day. Why any network but Faux would cover it is beyond me! Have a great day m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 22, 2020 2:58 AM MDT
      July 21, 2020 11:34 AM MDT

They have released guidelines. In fact, the CDC NEVER recommended closing schools ar all. 
      July 20, 2020 12:16 PM MDT