Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » What is your “Worst Experience Taking Someone To Or Picking Someone Up At An Airport”? ~

What is your “Worst Experience Taking Someone To Or Picking Someone Up At An Airport”? ~

Posted - July 21, 2020

Responses

i dont have bad experiences. i just picked up and delivered once and he was a great friend of us 
      July 21, 2020 10:47 AM MDT

I was sitting right next to someone else on the van and didn't even know it.  :   (
      July 21, 2020 12:11 PM MDT

Huh?  What van?  Were you on a shuttle?  Were you dropping someone off at the airport, or were you going to the airport to pick someone up?  Who was sitting next to you and why?
    ~

July 21, 2020 9:29 PM MDT

Just the fact that I have to deal with the traffic of a major metropolitan area makes going to the airport a bad experience.
    Then the parking and/or travel lanes are always under construction, so you never know what lane lines to follow.
    Then once in the airport, they always seem to change what gate you're supposed to go to - which always seems to be at the other end.

Nope.  I don't put up with that carp anymore.  They can find somebody else to take / pick them up.
      July 21, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

My worst experiences have been when I was traveling, myself. 

Once my husband was bumped from his return flight from New Jersey due to overbooking.  I spent 20 hours in the Atlanta airport.....pretty miserable but back then it wasn't as miserable and as it would be today.     
      July 21, 2020 9:20 PM MDT

Ooh... I had a novel here about bad airport stories and then re-read the question after posting. Sigh.

The worst was probably a couple years into my marriage when I offered to pick my in-laws up from the airport. My FIL was in a wheelchair, so it was hard for my MIL to get bags and stuff while wheeling him. A taxi wouldn't cut it. 

I got them and their bags and I'm wheeling my FIL through the parking garage to my car. I get to where it should be and it's not there. I confirm I've got the right floor and I'm in the right color zone, but no car. We walk around for maybe 20 minutes, me pushing my FIL in his chair and lugging bags with my MIL dragging suitcases too. That's when my FIL finally asked if I was sure I was on the right side of the building... turns out, I wasn't. We spent another 20 mins trudging to the other lot. 

It wasn't "horrible" because they were super nice about it and didn't give me too much of a hard time, but I was mortified that I'd made such a stupid mistake and drug them all over the place when I was trying hard to make a good impression and build bridges.
      July 22, 2020 5:38 AM MDT