Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Why do I have a desire to call any old man, a "future dead man?"

Why do I have a desire to call any old man, a "future dead man?"

I know they're future dead men because they're GUARANTEED to be dead in the future.

I'm a future immortal because I'm young enough to reap the benefits of advancing medical science long enough to become clinically immortal once the ways to make clinical immortality reality are discovered.

If anyone is younger than retirement age, they're potentially future immortals too.

Future dead people are too old to live long enough to reap the benefits of clinical immortality because a medical breakthrough to make them clinically immortal will not come along in time to benefit them. That's why they're "Future Dead People."

Now if you were an old person and I called you a future dead man / lady to your face, how would you react?

And why do I have this temptation to call old people that?

Posted - July 22, 2020

Responses

HaHaHa
    no one escapes 
    this world alive.
    All born will die...
    at least their physical bodies
    will die. The immortal soul
    will live forever but not in the same body forever.
      July 23, 2020 7:08 AM MDT

How would anyone but you know that? The same is true of any question beginning with, "Why do I..."
      July 23, 2020 7:10 AM MDT

Sorry - but there will never be immortality.  Clinical or otherwise.  The Law of Entropy guarantees that.
    At the least, our brains can't handle long lifespans.  They already have trouble with "only" 80 or 90 years.
      July 23, 2020 8:04 AM MDT

Keep talking like that about old people and one of them will kill you with his cane.
      July 23, 2020 8:47 AM MDT

I was thinking, maybe this is why "he" asked how to deal with grumpy old men/women.   LOL
      July 23, 2020 12:10 PM MDT