Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Many people rent and are FACING EVICTIONS! What did the GOP majority Senate do? NOTHING. Too busy bickering. A pox on them?

Many people rent and are FACING EVICTIONS! What did the GOP majority Senate do? NOTHING. Too busy bickering. A pox on them?

Posted - July 24, 2020

Responses

Not much the Senate (or Federal government) can do ... unless the housing is under HUD.

I know Washington's Governor put an order halting all evictions.
    I can't even evict someone who hasn't paid their bill for a year prior to COVID!  F*ing government!  At least I found a loophole in the order, but it still costs me a 60-day delay.

Anyways ... there are 25 states with eviction moratoriums:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/real-estate/which-states-still-coronavirus-eviction-moratorium
      July 24, 2020 11:54 AM MDT

So you've been out of work since March. Jobless and hungry. Now you and your family including your kids will be homeless. On the streets. All thanks due to der speigleman(HEIL HIM)! Meanwhile he golfs at one of his resorts this weekend. He cancels the GOP convention but INSISTS schools must reopen. I don't know about you Waslt but for me this is the worst possible outcome there could ever be. And so it goes. And the band played on. Everyone sez so! :( Thank you for your reply. Worst much worse is coming. You and I may not experience it but others will. THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN! This works well because everything has gone to he** and the devilmaster SOB jacka** is now in control. How sweet it is. This post was edited by RosieG at July 24, 2020 12:00 PM MDT
      July 24, 2020 11:59 AM MDT

• Sorry, but it falls under state law and local authority. Now if you want to "invite" Federal authority in to take charge and control of the situation, then I suppose  that would work. Of course, governors and mayors aren't concerned enough with restoring order to have any Federal intervention getting in the way of their empathy for the lawlessness.  I'm taking into consideration that you've probably never participated in an eviction. Well, I have. I carried out court orders daily for that purpose, for over eight years. Residential and commercial. It was always tough, dangerous and very difficult for all involved. There were all kinds of circumstances out there. I've seen the tragic aspects and I've seen those persons who wouldn't pay rent if you forced them at gunpoint. I do have a viable solution. Go ahead and defund the police. Turn evictions into an out of control free for all where it's every man for himself. Let property owners take their own chances. If they meet serious resistance, it's their own fault for owning property in the first place. Better yet, completely defund the judicial system and there would be no court orders in the first place. Over the years, we attempted moratoriums on executing orders through negotiations with private owners, banks, real estate companies, loan companies, the courts  and sometimes we succeeded in getting stays or delays for a variety of reasons, that being the aged, the chronically ill, and the disabled to name a few examples. Sometimes charitable organizations, churches, family and neighbors could make a difference when we had everybody working together. I personally arbitrated and mediated with some degree of success. Unfortunately there are those that refuse help and nothing can be done. And no, you can't blame either plague or prosperity. It's a problem that will always be there and it will always require responses. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at July 24, 2020 12:25 PM MDT
      July 24, 2020 12:24 PM MDT