Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Hypothetically, if you were falsely accused of being a past orgy participant in the Jeffery Epstein case, even if you clear your good name

Hypothetically, if you were falsely accused of being a past orgy participant in the Jeffery Epstein case, even if you clear your good name

through irrefutable evidence and witness testimony, and even if you sue for libel or slander, and even if you prevail in the lawsuit and collect money on it, isn’t at least some irrevocable damage already done to you?

Posted - July 31, 2020

Responses

Yes. I believe that's what libel means.
      July 31, 2020 4:53 PM MDT

That can't be answered; nothing is always true with all people.  I think you can say that there may be some who would continue to have suspicions. 
      July 31, 2020 5:03 PM MDT

Who asked for an “always true”?

July 31, 2020 5:11 PM MDT

Impossible to prove you never did something.  You can prove you did not do something at a specific time frame, day, and/or time.   
    That is why our justice system is innocent until proven guilty not guilty until proven innocent.
      July 31, 2020 5:44 PM MDT

Impossible to prove you never did something.  You can prove you did not do something at a specific time frame, day, and/or time.”

You do realize that your second sentence absolutely and 100% contradicts your first sentence, don’t you?  But it’s ok; it’s not what you wrote. That’s fine; I pasted it above in case it’s not verbatim.

July 31, 2020 6:33 PM MDT

If an accusation includes a specific time/day it is possible to prove you did not to the action on that specific time/day. 

But if the state comes in and says I have been claiming less money than my business makes.  I can deny it. I can even show doctuments to back up my claim. Unless I have a direct recording of every interection of mine and my employees actions I could not prove it to be false. . now if they state that on Sunday Jul 19, 2020. I did not claim a sale from that day. I can prove that to be a false accusation because I can prove that my store was not open on that Sunday and there were no interactions with any customers.  
    Again it is impossible to disprove a negitive action (did not do it) unless there is a specific time/date/amount/etc which can be disproven.
      August 1, 2020 4:38 AM MDT