Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Yosemite in California is pronounced YO SEM IT TEE. Know how pandemic pumpkina** pronouced it?

Yosemite in California is pronounced YO SEM IT TEE. Know how pandemic pumpkina** pronouced it?

YO SEM MITE

YO SEM MITE

TWICE.

YO SEM MITE
YO SEM MITE
YO SEM MITE

YO SEM IT TEE
YO SEM IT TEE
YO SEM IT TEE

Another dig at California? Did he really know better and just show his stupid to be cute? I dunno. Do you know?

Posted - August 5, 2020

Responses

He's not dyslexic in some way, is he?

How does he cope with other American place-names derived from languages other than English?

(Yosemite sounded Spanish to me, given other names in the region like Sierra Nevada; but I looked it up to find it was the name of the original inhabitants' tribe, and they called it "Ahwahnee", meaning "Big Mouth".)
      August 6, 2020 4:40 PM MDT

There is or was the AHWAHNEE Hotel there Durdle. Many years ago I worked for a man whose family went to Yosemite every year on vacation. They ADORED it. And they always stayed at the AHWAHNEE hotel. When I was 14 my family camped in Yosemite for a weekend. We saw Bridle Veil Falls and tat night they'd throw lit coals over the ledge and it was then Firefalls. It was so beautiful. Those were the days when you could just show up and camp. Now I understand you must make reservations in advance. But pandemicpumpkina** has stripped the national forests of all protections placed there by other presidents. Just thinking about it makes me cry so I won't. Thank you for your reply! There is an anti-pandemic pumpkina** ad out put together by former Republicans who want every one to vote for Joe Biden. It is pandemic pumpkina** mumbling and misprounouncing and stumbling and repeat words. That's it. Only him speaking gibberish. It is my most favorite ad of course. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 7, 2020 5:07 AM MDT