Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Traditions » Many sections of US cities have consecutive roadways that are named after US states.

Many sections of US cities have consecutive roadways that are named after US states.

Do you know of any places have rows of roadways that are named after the 50 US capitol cities?

Ex: Pierre Boulevard, Sacramento Road, Cheyenne Parkway, Albany Lane, Denver Street, Boise Avenue . . .

~

Posted - August 5, 2020

Responses

No.  At one time I lived in a neighborhood where all of the streets were Civil War Battles.  I liked it.
      August 5, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

August 5, 2020 4:39 PM MDT

In Crown Heights, a section of Brooklyn, there is a series of streets named for cities in upstate New York: Albany (state capitol) Avenue, Buffalo Avenue, Rochester Avenue, Schenectady Avenue, Troy Avenue, and Utica Avenue.
      August 5, 2020 4:58 PM MDT

So exactly where was it that the word “capitol” failed to register, on your computer screen or in your brain?  I’m surprised at you, and worse yet, disappointed. Read for comprehension, my friend.

Response disqualified. (Reported not to AnswerMug management, but to Internal Affairs.)

August 5, 2020 6:04 PM MDT