Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » 250,000 Biker boys and Biker bimbos will get together as they do every year in Sturgis(FITB)! Gonna be there?

250,000 Biker boys and Biker bimbos will get together as they do every year in Sturgis(FITB)! Gonna be there?

Coming from all over everywhere to bring their infections with them and exchange them and then go home and take all those infections back home.

Imagine the surges and spikes from THIS homey down home gathering?

Seriously don't be a wuss. Get on your bike and hit the road! What could it hurt?

Posted - August 8, 2020

Responses

I wonder if many actually will stay away.
      August 8, 2020 4:36 PM MDT

Doubtful. Some may wear masks but you know they show up to get drunk and celebrate their love of motorcycles. I doubt there will be any PRUDENT activity. Think of it as the north's version of MARDI GRAS! Boisterous drunks male and female cavorting together having a BLAST! What will the repercussions be from that? Dreadful I expect but they don't care. Some of them are VERY OLD but they act up and act out as if they are kids. Different strokes. I wonder how they will be tracked and what the final outcome will be? Thank you for your reply Durdle! Only in America! That's the problem. Only in America! :(
      August 9, 2020 3:07 AM MDT

The equivalent herd instinct here is masses of people travelling to seaside resorts or inland beauty-spots. They do so only in their own groups or families, but there are very many of them, creating a lot of mess and other problems for the locals.

I can't see how any of them could be tracked in any meaningful way. I think they have a feeling of invincibility.

"Some of them are Very Old..." I don't know if the phrase is used in the US, or came from there, but over here they are called "Born-Again Bikers." They are men who rode powerful bikes in their teens and twenties before "settling down" and all that respectable stuff, eventually retire from well-paid careers with lots of savings and comfortable company pensions, so treat themselves to powerful bikes again. Only... they have lost the experience they had, and the modern bikes are more powerful than 40 years previously... So quite a number of them now will have to re-incarnated to be "born again".  
      August 9, 2020 2:54 PM MDT