Discussion » Questions » Education » When you went to school did you think about it as a social interaction or going to classes? Aren't they both important?

When you went to school did you think about it as a social interaction or going to classes? Aren't they both important?

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

Going to classes. While they should both be important, I didn't have many friends. Had a few, but didn't go there for that, and was bullied a lot.
      August 9, 2020 11:42 AM MDT

I'm sorry to hear this!  I couldn't imagine anyone bullying you.  You are much too cute.  Maybe that is reason and very smart.  I can tell. 
    I'm glad you learned and at least had a few friends.
    Now, you have an opportunity to have more friends.  I'm glad to be one of them.
    :) :)
      August 9, 2020 3:45 PM MDT

Aw thanks so much friend! What can I say, Some kids or people can just be mean and cruel, even if I am kind. Was there more for my schooling, but had a few friends here and there to help me through it all. I too am glad you are one of them.
      August 9, 2020 4:57 PM MDT

:) :)!!
      August 11, 2020 3:11 PM MDT

Elementary school...Boring. Neither socializing nor classes interested me. High school...also boring, but I socialized a bit more. College...Classes. No time to socialize.
      August 9, 2020 12:31 PM MDT

I believe you 99.999999 % of the time but you can't be serious.  You are too smart not to have had some sort of social interaction. 
    You have a great sense of humor and are too smart not have a tickle or two up your sleeve.
    I bet you are a fit as a ship who has the capacity to swoon many a women. 
    All of these things going for you, I bet you had no time to be bored.  If the classes were under your intelligence, I am sure you found ways to entertain yourself and others.
    In fact, I bet you would have been a GREAT teacher, in many ways. ...
    ;) :) 
      August 9, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

Well...the girls did like me. I was kind of a one-of-a-kind rebel in HS...but I still won the science award.
      August 9, 2020 5:10 PM MDT

Nerd.
      August 9, 2020 5:12 PM MDT

Yep...a nerd who smoked in the boys room and was the first one in the school to ever wear jeans and a tee shirt. There were no dress code rules.
      August 9, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

A little James Dean?

"Blind as a bat."
    You may have been during the day and to your attraction.. but sent sonar out that women pick up on.
    You've still got it!!

August 11, 2020 3:15 PM MDT

It was just a social interaction for me  - smoking in the boys room and all the other cool stuff like that. But when I got older and wiser I went back to school as a 48 year old student and  got my grade 12  and it was all about the classes as it should be. Cheers!
      August 9, 2020 12:45 PM MDT

HIP! HIP! Hurray!!  And good for you in all the ways you chose to school yourself!
    I think it is fantastic!!
    CHEERS for sure and to the teachers who made an impact on you!!
      August 9, 2020 3:58 PM MDT

• I was a quiet kid who mostly kept to himself, but I did enjoy seeing certain friends. It wasn't just academics for me. 
      August 9, 2020 1:33 PM MDT

Nevan, I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.
    You ARE awesome.
    You are the epitome of the balanced, all-american, good kid who did all the right things at all the right times, with all the correct circle of friends, who loves life, and has chosen very stable and wonderful paths.  
    I absolutely know, if I were ever to have had kids, I would have liked him to grow up and be you.
    You know me.  I am NOT sarcastic nor mean anything but what the words say.
    I truly admire you.
    Thanks for answering!
      August 9, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

• That means a lot to me. :D
      August 9, 2020 10:33 PM MDT

It was just going to classes.  I was no good at interacting socially (nerd).

August 9, 2020 3:40 PM MDT

You're really good at here!... And smart, too!
    Thanks Shuhak!
      August 9, 2020 4:02 PM MDT

Both for me. However, I erred quite a bit on the social interaction side in college. I was always ready to party, not so much to study, lol.
      August 9, 2020 5:14 PM MDT