Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » People are no dam* good! People are awesome wonderful! Life sucks! Life is the most precious thing we have going for us. Your view?

People are no dam* good! People are awesome wonderful! Life sucks! Life is the most precious thing we have going for us. Your view?

Posted - August 15, 2020

Responses

It other words, am I an optimist or a pessimist.

I’m definitely a pessimist.  

I’ve always thought that people sucked.  Working in the public for nearly 30 years failed to dispute that premise.   What I see going on around this country lately has only served to show my view to be an irrefutable fact.   Ok, not every person sucks, but a lot of them do.

As for life…  Unfortunately, I see life through the eyes of depression.   Depression has a way of slanting one’s view of life considerably towards the negative side.  so of course I’m going to say life sucks.

August 15, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

Exactamundo m'dear! Precisely! You're much younger than I and more intelligent and keen of sight and mind. Why do I say that? Because at this age I STILL BELIEVE we shall overcome. I STILL BELIEVE THERE ARE MORE GOOD PEOPLE THAN VILE EVIL MONSTROUS saps. I think I have to or there will be nothing left of me. What I don't understand though is why anyone of sound mind would cleave unto the satan spawn like a pumpkina**. There is something seriously wrong upstairs and it is ubiquitous and multitudinous and contagious in a strictly limited way. You have to be "of the ilk" that is susceptible gullible and easy to trick. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! Maybe as a whole people suck but surely there are individuals you know like and love who don't! Right? This post was edited by RosieG at August 16, 2020 10:46 AM MDT
      August 16, 2020 3:26 AM MDT