Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Have you ever had answerMug open up but not be able to get to your messages? I guess this would be under Poll. Sorry. Still valid question

Have you ever had answerMug open up but not be able to get to your messages? I guess this would be under Poll. Sorry. Still valid question

Posted - August 16, 2020

Responses

No, that hasn't happened to me.
      August 16, 2020 10:02 AM MDT

Spunky, this has happened to me so many times.  The chat thing is always open so I can tell the person I would like to answer to go to messaging...
    But then my computer pulls a no internet connection and I have to shut down ALL computer things, like gmail, etc.  It is very frustrating.
    I very much appreciate you.  Thank you for answering.
    My Grammie would kill me for writing my next sentence, but..
    I've gotta run!
    EWWWW!  Are you scrumming in your seat??
    Sorry!
    I love you to pieces and see you soon!
    :) :)
      August 16, 2020 10:36 AM MDT

Actually, I've had the "no connection" thing happen to me several times last week, but not while I was on this site.  It's happened to me when I was on Yahoo Mail, also when I was logged into my office system.  I found it very irritating because I, too, had to shut everything down and start over again.  I don't use chat, so I'm not sure about that and so far, only Rosie and a couple of others have messaged me.  Thanks for the kind words.  :)  See ya!
      August 16, 2020 12:06 PM MDT

No, I’ve always been able to get to messages, but I have had the issue of not being able to get the curser thing to come up in the reply box, so unable to reply. 
      August 16, 2020 10:10 AM MDT

Jaimie, that cursor failure thing happens to me all the time in messages, and has happened once or twice in regular posts. To remedy it, I found two ways: keep clicking inside the field several times, the cursor will appear. Sometimes it will go away again when you think you can start typing, just repeat step one. The other choice is to just start typing even though no cursor appears. It’s there, obscured by computer-land unexplainables, but the human eye can’t see it. Computerosity still recognizes it even when you can’t, so you can type. 

I hope this helps!

~

This post was edited by Randy D at September 22, 2021 8:18 PM MDT
      August 16, 2020 11:38 AM MDT

Thanks, I’ll try that if it happens again. I had this happen to me recently and found a work around for it of typing my response in notes on my phone then copy past it back here... that got old fast lol. 

August 16, 2020 12:09 PM MDT

Yes but usually there is an issue with my wifi at home when it does it. 

You say you can tell the person to go to chat. So can you see your messages but not respond?   I know another user had a problem like that before but do not remember how it was resolved.  You might want to mesage JA.  Or I can message her  if you like. 
      August 16, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

You obviously know it happens to me...but only when I chat with you. Odd, that.
      August 16, 2020 1:55 PM MDT

Gee, it sounds awfully suspicious to me, as if someone is not only singling you out, but is actively taking steps to ensure you can’t easily or effectively communicate with Merlin, the same way he did keeping you away from Jaimie. I’ve investigated the case, and the evidence left behind is a lot a sandwich crumbs, all from wheat bread with traces of salad dressing instead of mayo, and a monogrammed handkerchief fell from the hacker‘s pocket, it bears the initials R.D.  Hmmm, all of this seems to form a familiar pattern, Jaimie has most likely been accosted by this same perp in other crimes that have occurred.  Maybe he’s branching out to Southern California now and hitting Merlin. I turned my earlier findings over to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police for a closer look, maybe they can verify if this is a serial crime-spree  . . .

Hey, wait a second. Grrrrrrrrr.

This post was edited by Randy D at August 16, 2020 4:08 PM MDT
      August 16, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

He’s talking about MerLin you derp lol. It’s her post.
      August 16, 2020 3:36 PM MDT

Oh, come ON!  Everybody knows what a sweetheart Merlin is!  What criminal would ever hack into her system?  You, on the other hand . . .

~

August 16, 2020 3:53 PM MDT

Lol, but I don’t chat so that rules me out as a suspect. I’m innocent based on the fact I’m antisocial. Case closed, your honour. 
      August 16, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

You’re not a suspect, you’re another victim!  Duh!

~

August 16, 2020 4:00 PM MDT

Hey, no fair you edited out your Derpy reply! You have to be a derp too sometimes,  like the rest of us :/ 
      August 16, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

Wasn’t that the purpose of you telling me I had made a mistake, so that I could fix it?  That’s what a good ex-wife does for a guy like me, Jaimie!

~

August 16, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

No, I just wanted to point it out so everyone could come over here to this post, point and laugh. 
      August 16, 2020 4:10 PM MDT

Uh...Merlin asked the question, not Jaime. It happens often when she and I chat.
      August 16, 2020 3:52 PM MDT

I know now, I had it all twisted up but Jaimie straightened me out. It’s since been edited. Grr. 

~

August 16, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

Canuck post deleted. I misread yours.
      August 16, 2020 4:10 PM MDT

I didn’t delete my post, he edited his. 
      August 16, 2020 4:22 PM MDT

Element is referring to a post he submitted wherein he called you a Canuck and said I was blaming you for something. I corrected him, so he decided to delete his post. 

~

August 16, 2020 5:43 PM MDT

Ahhhh, I missed that one lol. 
      August 16, 2020 5:44 PM MDT

Are you talking about the internal email system or the instant messaging system/ chat?

I've never had issues with either but I don't use the chat regularly. 
      August 16, 2020 5:49 PM MDT