Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Have you even been at a movie theater, had to use the restroom, and missed part of your movie?

Have you even been at a movie theater, had to use the restroom, and missed part of your movie?

If so I hope it wasn't any big or important parts.

I have, but usually hold it the best I can. For the price you pay I hate to miss anything. The long "Lord of the Rings" movie is one I remember doing so.

Posted - August 16, 2020

Responses

That probably happened a few times when I was a youngster, but from my teens, I developed this compulsive-obsessive thing (big surprise, I know, I know) that I have to see every single second of a movie, I have to hear every single word of dialog. To this day, I still can’t stand to miss any part of a movie, and that includes both the opening and ending credits, bloopers, outtakes, all of it, especially not for want of a restroom trip.
      I would plan so well ahead of time that before I went to a movie, I arranged how much I would eat and drink and I would coordinate going to the bathroom. That became so much of my norm that after a decade or so, I was at the point that I sat through even the longest movies without breaks.
      Fast-forward to about a decade ago. The way that other people conduct themselves inside of movie theaters finally fed me up to the point that I almost stopped going completely. Talking to each other, making noise with food wrappers, children running all over, babies screaming, discussing the plot, reciting dialogue, etc. When cell phones were added to the mix, I was done for good.

~

August 16, 2020 8:53 PM MDT

Amazing how you did that. I hear you though. Some can be just plain rude with their excess noise and cell phone distractions.
      August 16, 2020 8:58 PM MDT

I just get the person I’m at the movie I’m with to face time me the screen while I’m peeing. It’s fine. 
      August 16, 2020 8:57 PM MDT

I’m calling the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. 

August 16, 2020 9:09 PM MDT

Everyone does it :/ it’s completely legal unless recording. It’s fine. 
      August 16, 2020 9:10 PM MDT

‘Lennials. Grrrrrrrr. 

~

August 16, 2020 9:11 PM MDT

August 16, 2020 9:13 PM MDT

I want you to find this woman for me and send her to me:

The beer and the drinking don’t impress me at all, but her beauty, classy way of dressing, and neatness in not spilling a stop have captured me.

To: Mr. Randall D Randolph
    Penthouse 1A, 1600 Harem Highway, Southern California. 
    ~

This post was edited by Randy D at August 17, 2020 6:09 AM MDT
      August 16, 2020 9:19 PM MDT

Okay, I’ll look for her in theatre bathrooms everywhere, but I would like a finders fee. 
      August 16, 2020 9:20 PM MDT

Hey, wait . . . 

~

August 16, 2020 9:22 PM MDT

• Never.  I'm willing to sacrifice a kidney.   Movies are too expensive to miss any of it. 
      August 17, 2020 6:08 AM MDT

Life is hard for you, isn't it............................
      August 17, 2020 9:28 PM MDT