Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How many of you do all transactions on line and haven't used the US Postal service services in years? Who needs it, right?

How many of you do all transactions on line and haven't used the US Postal service services in years? Who needs it, right?

What else have you no use for and would like to see eliminated entirely?

Bus sevice
Trains
Planes

IRS
Trucking

Department of "justice"

Legislative branch..do nothing loudmouths who collect paychecks and take vacations

Posted - August 20, 2020

Responses

I use postal all the time. Deliveries etc. 

Most bills etc are online.
      August 20, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

Interesting trivia tidbit ... Wells Fargo, and other express carriers, handled the majority of mail and package delivery until WW1.
    Those services were actually less expensive and more reliable.
    During WW1, the government required that mail go through the Post Office - so they could better censor letters and packages.
    Even then, it wasn't until 1971 that the modern Postal Service we know today was created.

EDIT: Given that Amazon has a growing delivery fleet of their own, and their constant looking for new services - I don't doubt that they will try to take "regular mail" business from the USPS within the next 5 years. This post was edited by Walt O'Reagun at August 20, 2020 11:49 AM MDT
      August 20, 2020 7:40 AM MDT

Thanks for the info Walt but you didn't answer my question. Do you do everything online and never use the post office for anything? If that's being too nosy then just ignore me! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 20, 2020 7:45 AM MDT
      August 20, 2020 7:45 AM MDT

HA! Once again, I got so wrapped up in trivia, it pushed the question out of my mind.  lol

Most of my bills come via email, or notification to my bank account.
    I can't remember the last time I paid a bill via USPS.
    The only thing I use the USPS for, it seems, is the "final leg" of purchases of small items.
    EG: It is shipped UPS or some other carrier, until it gets to my city - then they hand it over to the USPS for delivery.
      August 20, 2020 9:35 AM MDT

What happens if the internet is taken out and is down for days? That's what worries me so I would never do as you do and as many others do. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 20, 2020 10:26 AM MDT