Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Judge not lest ye be not judged! Fat chance of that! What homo sap can go one day without ciriticizing or sucking up? Isn't that JUDGING?

Judge not lest ye be not judged! Fat chance of that! What homo sap can go one day without ciriticizing or sucking up? Isn't that JUDGING?

Judging what will service him/her the best? The criticizer/sucker upper. Criticize to get all those "atta boy atta girl" from the "right" folks and suck up to get props and creds and "good boy good girl keep it up keep it up keep it up"?

Sheesh! :(

Posted - August 21, 2020

Responses

That scripture is taken out of context.   

People like to stop at verse 1 - “Judge not, that ye be not judged.”  However, that's only part of the statement.  The rest is - “For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Everyone judges.  In fact we have to judge.  We wouldn’t get very far if we didn’t. 

Judging means to form an opinion or conclusion about someone or something.  For example, if someone were insulting to you, you’d judge that person as being rude. 

Jesus isn’t telling us to not to judge, rather He’s telling us that we will be treated by others just like we treat them, and that the standard we use in judging others will be the standard by which we will be judged by them. 

August 21, 2020 10:51 AM MDT

It other words THE GOLDEN RULE. Do unto others as ye woul have them do unto to you" right? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. This post was edited by RosieG at August 21, 2020 12:14 PM MDT
      August 21, 2020 11:12 AM MDT

The bottom line of the bible is love.  Love others.  If everyone loved others (put others ahead of themselves), there would be no problems. 

August 21, 2020 12:18 PM MDT

You expect me to LOVE pumpkina** and his evil minions? No way Jose. No way. GOD knows my heart and I'm not going to pretend anything. I DO NOT LOVE THE DESPICABLE. So shoot me! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 21, 2020 12:23 PM MDT