Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » AGAIN? Uppity folks who forget their "place" in Wisconsin are rioting? Because a black man was shot in the back 8 times and paralyzed?

AGAIN? Uppity folks who forget their "place" in Wisconsin are rioting? Because a black man was shot in the back 8 times and paralyzed?

EVeryone knows or SHOULD KNOW that your lot in life is determined by your skin color. GET OVER IT.

The very best targets are people of color. Their lives don't matter and no one is gonna pitch a hissy fit if they get permanently crippled or killed dead.

When will they learn their place and shut the f up about what happens to them? No one but their own ilk gives a dam*. The WHITE powers that be only get more riled and annoyed when they utter a word. Just die quietly for GOD'S sake. Quietly. Don't make a fuss. Don't make any noise. Don't interview the wives and children and parents and siblings of those who are murdered or maimed. Who cares about them? Right? Who cares about them? Not you. You're white.

NOTE to those of you who are obviously obtusely braindead and find this shocking.

I AM BEING EXCEEDINGLY SARCASTIC.

Posted - August 26, 2020

Responses

NO ONE....is allowed to riot. 

Does not matter you race/color or what you are angry about  it is never your place to steal, kill or destroy. 

August 26, 2020 6:40 AM MDT

The man had his three children in his car.  I don't recall hearing anything about him rioting.  How much courage does it take to shoot someone in the back 7 times?
      August 27, 2020 6:04 AM MDT

Perhaps the man should have put his knive down. Listened to the officers and let them arrest him peacefully.  When an officer is telling you to stop. Even grapping you tshirt...you do not continue to walk away and even reach in to your vehicle for something.  This gives the police reasonable assumption that you are reaching for another weapon.  This man had a warrent out for his arrest and a history of assault both domestic and against police officers. 
    If you resist arrest...it will never go well for you. 
      August 27, 2020 6:11 AM MDT

Apparently, they didn't give much thought to the three children in the car when they let loose with a barrage of bullets.  Must be some shot - 7 bullets and he's still alive.
      August 27, 2020 6:16 AM MDT

Most regular police are not great shots that is why they shoot so much.  They ones who have good aim are grapped for SWAT team. 

Or perhaps he did not plan to kill him.   
    In any case, people need to stop resisting arrest. That is the one common denominator in all these shootings.  Even if the cop is wrong. Do not resist. File charges against the cop later in a calmer situation. 
    It works. My husband did it. And I know it was investigated and the officer eventually was fired. 
      August 27, 2020 6:22 AM MDT

"Wisconsin's attorney general says Jacob Blake — the Black man shot seven times in the back by a police officer in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday — was near a knife when the shooting took place, but he would not say whether Blake was carrying the knife when he was shot."

August 27, 2020 6:27 AM MDT

And not say he was not.  On the video the police are heard saying repeatedly..."put down the knive." As he ignored them and continued to his vehicle. 
      August 27, 2020 6:49 AM MDT

Here is the video:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/08/24/james-causey-kenosha-police-shooting-video-has-public-talking/5625007002/

I don't hear them saying anything about a knife and if you look closely, as Blake comes around the front of his car, the has nothing in either hand.  When he leans into the car, the officer shoots him and even when he's down, the officer continues to shoot.  
      August 27, 2020 10:53 AM MDT

Have you seen BOTH videoes?   The one which shows him physically fighting with the officers? I know media is not showing that video....why? 

This video sums up my feelings on the subject perfectly. The part showing Blake physically fighting the officers begins at 4:07 mark.

. This post was edited by my2cents at August 31, 2020 9:54 AM MDT
      August 27, 2020 4:37 PM MDT

The only thing the other video shows is that there was an argument prior to Blake walking away from the officers to ho to his car.  He didn't have a knife or a gun in his hand.  He leaned into the car window with the door closed.  The officers should have been able to disable him at that point - there were three of them and he was leaning away from them.  If you think any of this justifies shooting the man 7 times in the back, then I really do feel sorry for you.  I guarantee you that if Blake was white, this entire incident would have had a completely different ending.  If you don't believe that, how do you justify the police not even taking into custody the White guy who shot two people in the middle of the street in the same town?  They didn't arrest the White guy until the next day.  People like you are so blind to what is in your face.  You are in such denial that it absolutely amazes me that you could in any way justify shooting a man in the back 7 times while he's leaning into his car.  I'm so incensed that I refuse to even discuss this with you any further.  

Maybe this article in the Chicago Tribune will open your eyes, although I sincerely doubt it.

Column: Jacob Blake, Kyle Rittenhouse and Kenosha’s vivid example of American racism

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/rex-huppke/ct-kyle-rittenhouse-jacob-blake-kenosha-black-lives-matter-huppke-20200827-4u6gfrwbabfl5acgyciveo5bla-story.html?fbclid=IwAR0YYXPbUDNIwr_CZM2A8SlSlkjKzB5vf03ikxTt4dwPRZ37L0RV7aVCTZ0
      August 28, 2020 6:38 AM MDT

Rolling around on the ground in a physical fight is just an arguement?  
    I guess all these riots are "peacful protests" as well. 

I read your article. The writer is trying to compare apples and oranges.  
    Blake was fighting the police. And refusing to follow directions. Reached into a vehicle for what the officers would not know at the time. This alone is justifies deadly force. 

Rittenhouse walked up to police in an OPEN CARRY state.  To just shoot him for carrying a weapon would not have been a justified use of force. 

Do you see the difference? The behavior of the person. Nothing to do with race...behavior.   

Again...if people would not resist arrest. This would not happen. 
      August 28, 2020 7:23 AM MDT

You don't see that the police not taking into custody a man who SHOT TWO PEOPLE is a dereliction of duty?  I don't care if he was in an open carry state or not.  He wasn't in a SHOOT ANYONE YOU SEE state.  It has EVERYTHING to do with race and behavior.  Open your eyes!!!!  What is wrong with you?  
      August 28, 2020 9:01 AM MDT

Did they know at the time he walked up to them, that he had shot anyone?  If not, then NO it is not a dereliction of duty.  They have arrested him. He has been charged with multiple counts of murder and other charges. 

Behavior....if you resist arrest it will not go well for you. 
      August 28, 2020 11:59 AM MDT

They knew before they walked away from him that he had shot two people.  The bodies were in the street and he admitted he did it.
      August 28, 2020 12:33 PM MDT

Was he claiming self defense? Police normally do not arrest some until they determine it was not self defense. 
      August 28, 2020 2:11 PM MDT

I don't know - WAS he claiming self-defense?  I don't recall reading that either of the dead people were armed.

EDIT:  Rittenhouse's attorney, Lin Wood, said he was acting in self-defense. A witness told Business Insider the scene before the first shooting was not violent but that Rittenhouse seemed "on edge."

The teenager also faces a misdemeanor charge of possessing a dangerous weapon while under the age of 18 - so much for your claim about his open-carry authority.

This post was edited by SpunkySenior at August 29, 2020 9:13 AM MDT
      August 29, 2020 8:21 AM MDT

Open carry state so they would have no reason to stop him and question him unless they could by looking know he was underage.

Also the police did not speak to him.  He simply walked by the officers that night.  I imagine a person could easily have disappeared with all the rioters running around.

He was arrested at his home.  He did not resist so there was no issue during the arrest.

Again, not race.  It is about behavior at the time of arrest.  Resisting arrest is not a safe thing to do. 

We do not pay police to get shot or to let someone grab their weapon from their floorboard.    It is self-defense of the officer.  They do not have to let anyone shot, stab or assault them.  
      August 29, 2020 10:22 AM MDT

Three people had been shot.  This guy is walking around with an open long gun and you think the police shouldn't have stopped him to question him?  What planet are you on?
      August 29, 2020 10:25 AM MDT

There are people running around setting fires and breaking in to businesses....I think anyone could have avoided the police if the wanted too calmly walk by. 
      August 29, 2020 10:43 AM MDT

I think you need to read this article written after interviews with several eye-witnesses at the time Rittenhouse shot those two people and judge for yourself whether he's the terrific teen you seem to think he is.  After reading the entire article, what I think he is is a MURDERER.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/witnesses-describe-night-kyle-rittenhouse-090034526.html
      August 31, 2020 9:41 AM MDT

I do not claim anything about him other than he did not resist arrest.   
    I do not have to read your article to know he was likely looking for trouble. He is underage and in possession of an AR in IL. He is probably a thug. But a thug who was smart enough not to resist arrest. 
      August 31, 2020 10:28 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 28, 2020 3:43 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 28, 2020 11:19 AM MDT

So, what you're saying is that these police officers have to use up all their bullets because they are poorly trained.  I can agree with that.  As far as your husband goes, I'm pretty sure he is White.  The outcome may not have been the same were he Black.
      August 27, 2020 6:30 AM MDT