Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Democrats pray to GOD. So do Republicans. They do not pray for the same things. Whose side is GOD on? To whom does GOD listen?

Democrats pray to GOD. So do Republicans. They do not pray for the same things. Whose side is GOD on? To whom does GOD listen?

Posted - August 26, 2020

Responses

God is impartial.  He has no “favorites”.  

People can pray all they want, but if their prayers are selfish (wrong motives), God won’t hear them.  They’re simply vain utterings.  God “hears” a person’s heart, not their words (He knows long before they speak).  God listens to a humble heart, one that is attuned to Him.  Many people have the wrong idea about prayer.  They think that prayer puts them in control (ask and God will do it).  In reality, prayer is a form of submission.  It’s intimate communication with a friend.  We wouldn’t walk up to a stranger and start demanding that they do something for us, would we?  Of course not.  Yet that’s how many people treat prayer.  When our hearts are submissive (humbled) and our lives are attuned to Him, God hears our prayers.

August 26, 2020 1:12 PM MDT

GOD is "impartial"? So evil and good are the same to him? I find that very hard to believe Shuhak. I do. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 26, 2020 1:30 PM MDT

"For God does not show favoritism." - Romans 2:11

That does not mean He treats evil and good the same.  It means He doesn't treat one person over another.  Not because of their political party, their gender, their nationality, their skin color, their wealth, or whatever.  In short, God is on no one's side.
      August 26, 2020 9:21 PM MDT

What you quote is written by some human being at some point Shuhak. The BIBLE was written over many decades by many people. So I take it not literally because it is not GOD speaking. It is human beings speaking on HIS behalf for whatever reason. Homo saps do it today too. Always telling us what GOD thinks.

Now that is not to say what you say isn't true. But I cannot grasp it. It doesn't make any sense to me at all that a GOD would not be "on the side of" right truth kindness caring loving and not on the side of hate cruelty blasphemy murder incest pedofilia. My mind does not stretch that far. I believe GOD weeps when some of us are cruel to one another. I know HE gave us "free will" and we are the ones who choose. I think HE favors good choices and is not in favor of bad choices. Which means HE does take sides. See my problem?

Let me put it this way. If I had three children and they were all very different in character temperament intellect I would FAVOR the one who was truthful kind caring and I would be very disappointed in the one who was a troublemaker and harmed others. Since GOD makes us in HIS own image I think GOD is precisely that way. I think HE favors those who are good and true and  kind to one another and absolutely does not favor those who aren't. I am a very simple person. That is my belief. Thank you for you for sharing yours. I appreciate it. This post was edited by RosieG at August 27, 2020 12:13 PM MDT
      August 27, 2020 3:12 AM MDT

How do you know who prays, who doesn't, and what each individual does or does not pray for, hmm? Funny, isn't it, how some of us make assumptions and generalizations based on no actual, you know, information?
      August 26, 2020 9:46 PM MDT

God is above mere human politics.

I would think he listens to everyone, good and bad, but will judge accordingly.
      August 27, 2020 3:59 PM MDT