Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You accompany the loved one to the medical appointment but you must wait in the "waiting" room. You may not go in.This is good because?

You accompany the loved one to the medical appointment but you must wait in the "waiting" room. You may not go in.This is good because?

So if or when a loved one is hospitalized you MAY NOT visit him/her? Happened to our neighbor a few weeks ago. She was allowed to come pick him up and take him home. But visit? Nope. So just be prepared for that. You are now shut out and cut out of being an extra set of ears so you can hear what the doctor says. How is that a benefit to the person who is ill or the person who wants to help in the best way possible?

Progress? I think not.

Posted - August 26, 2020

Responses

Errrr, normally I would wonder why no hospital visits either, but had your neighbour come against a pandemic precautionary ban on visits?

August 27, 2020 3:54 PM MDT

I'm not sure Durdle. The rules change all the time and it's hard to keep up. I accompanied Jim to the Dermatologist on Wednesday. He had a biopsy on a worrisome growth on the corner of his lip. I got up to go in with him and the nurse said I had to stay in the waiting room. That is not good for us. That way I can hear what is going on and ask questions right then so I'm sort of a backup for him. It took about an hour and he came out with paperwork and a bandage over the point of excision. In about a week the doc will let us know if it is benign or the dreaded cancer. Sigh. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      August 28, 2020 2:02 AM MDT