Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Which is more likely to happen? Any of YOU in either boat?

Which is more likely to happen? Any of YOU in either boat?

That the child of Atheists will grow up to be a TRUE BELIEVER
or
that the child of TRUE BELIEVERS will grow up to be an Atheist?

Why?

Posted - August 27, 2020

Responses

I doubt either is the more likely but it is common for children to grow up with differing views from their parents as they find their own feet in life.

My parents were nominally Anglican and not regular church-goers; but I still gave up on religion in my early teens. Nowadays I am still not religious but am interested in what people believe and why.

Incidentally a few of my friends are active Christians, and two or three are ordained in the Anglican priesthood.  I have another friend who is a Wiccan, and another still who so far as I know is not religious, but is the "captain" of her village church bell-ringing team.   
      August 27, 2020 3:51 PM MDT

You are an equal opportunity friend. My mom and I and my sis would go to church. I even became a Sunday school teacher when I was 12 for the "little kids". I talk to GOD daily and can't remember a time when I didn't. But I gave up on church and "churchy" people many decades ago. I go direct to the source and avoid the middlemen who spout vapid claptrap in my opinion. Churches can be insidious and vicious under the guise of religions and these days they are centers of HATE which I despise. Thank you for your thoughtful reply. I have no problem with Atheists. I have a bigger problem with the phony "Christians" like those evil evangelicals who support a very evil dipstick like donald trump. Sheesh. How much more wicked can they get than that? Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 28, 2020 2:07 AM MDT