Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Why do you think GoFundMe does not believe in the presumption of innocence?

Why do you think GoFundMe does not believe in the presumption of innocence?

Them shutting down fund raisers for Kyle Rittenhouse's defense proves it.

Posted - August 27, 2020

Responses

I hate online panhandling which is what this is.  So, I don't really care about the choices they make. 
      August 28, 2020 1:38 AM MDT

When you have the power, you decide who benefits from the sympathy and generosity of the faceless masses. And how many charities do not help themselves to a healthy cut of the donations for administration, expenses and petty extras?
      August 28, 2020 11:59 AM MDT

I don't know what GoFundMe rules and regulations are.  Setting up funds for criminal defense may be in violation of their TOS.  There is no doubt that there's plenty of scamming going on via on line fund raising.  
      August 28, 2020 12:38 PM MDT

Here is the explanation for why the GoFundMe Page was removed and it had nothing to do with the presumption of innocence or anyone's constitutional rights:

"Pierce [Rittenhouse's attorney] said he has established a legal defense fund for Rittenhouse through a Texas 501(c)(4) nonprofit called #FightBack Foundation Inc. that was formed by him and Georgia attorney L. Lin Wood."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/social-media-posts-linked-alleged-140300826.html

Perhaps doing a little research will prevent you from posting misleading conspiracy theories.
      August 29, 2020 9:24 AM MDT