Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If our enemies were to blow up our US power grid and cripple it we would be unable to deploy any missiles wouldn't we?

If our enemies were to blow up our US power grid and cripple it we would be unable to deploy any missiles wouldn't we?

Posted - August 29, 2020

Responses

The Pentagon is hardly going to reveal what precautions it has taken, but I imagine the nation's significant military installations do have emergency generators etc. so can operate independently.
      August 30, 2020 2:35 AM MDT

That is good to know Durdle. I wonder though are there any infiltrators among them who are working in concert with the dipstick to weaken America? Can you always tell who "the good guys" are? It's getting harder to find any. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine m'dear! :)
      August 30, 2020 3:19 AM MDT

Well, the risk of infiltrators is always there no matter who is President or what his aims are.

I think the next World War we all hope will never happen, will be fought far more by Internet than by blowing things up, though. A matter of which country cripples the other first and more severely rather than attrition by murder and demolition.
      August 30, 2020 3:43 AM MDT

So the power grid is knocked out in my country and your country. What happens next? How do we communicate? Thank you for your reply Durdle! :)
      August 30, 2020 3:45 AM MDT

A very good question... I don't know if a national supply grid can be knocked out completely, but even widespread damage would cause chaos.
      August 30, 2020 2:12 PM MDT

That has been a fear of mine for years. First that and then attack us. We couldn't "read" what was coming at us nor communicate with one another. We'd be sitting ducks in a shooting gallery wouldn't we? Thank you for your reply Durdle!
      August 31, 2020 3:06 AM MDT