Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I wonder how many white parents have talks with their kids about how to stay alive when they leave the house?

I wonder how many white parents have talks with their kids about how to stay alive when they leave the house?

Or that their GREATEST THREAT WOULD COME FROM COPS?

Posted - August 29, 2020

Responses

I have discussed with my  (white) children how to behave with police.  Be polite and follow all instructions even if you believe/know the officer is wrong.  And even more so if you KNOW he/she is wrong.   If you resist it is bad. If you  are a smart a** it does not go well.  If is is a bad cop, do not give them an excuse to blame you for their actions.  And after they are out then we will deal with the officer if the officer behaved wrong. Properly by filing a official complaint or with an lawyer. 

I have had this conversation with extended family as well. (not all were white.)

We have done this in the past with my husband. 
      August 29, 2020 2:44 PM MDT

Why did you insert "(white)" before "children"? ---what does that mean in the context of this answer?
      August 29, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

Rosie asked if anyone told this to their white children in her question.  And as I said I have had the same conversation with extended family members some of which are not white. This post was edited by my2cents at August 29, 2020 5:27 PM MDT
      August 29, 2020 5:19 PM MDT

Well, no, she asked about white parents and their children.

White parents can adopt other than white children.

But at least your inclusion of the word "white" makes sense to me now.
      August 30, 2020 5:46 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 30, 2020 1:34 AM MDT