Active Now

DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Hula Hoops Beanie Babies Poodle Skirts. Fads we got over and moved on from. How do we FADIZE Evil so we can get over it and move on?

Hula Hoops Beanie Babies Poodle Skirts. Fads we got over and moved on from. How do we FADIZE Evil so we can get over it and move on?

Posted - August 30, 2020

Responses

At least Hula-hoops, Beanie Babies and Poodle Skirts -  and a good many other things - were just harmless fun.

I'm afraid human nature for good and bad is there for all the time human beings have been and will be. 
      August 30, 2020 2:37 PM MDT

Sigh. Why can't we change human nature Durdle? Why not manipulate/fiddle around with the DNA? Years ago weren't there attempts at creating super humans? Intellectually brilliant and physically strong and also appearance wise very pleasing? Blond blue eyed I believe was the ideal. Or was that just something I saw in a movie and conflated with reality? I know if two "homely" people have plastic surgery and become really good looking any children they have may "need" plastic surgery too. But that's because in utero nothing is done to change anything. I think I've read about finding a way to remove whatever causes illness in the genes. I don't know if that is plausible or possible to do but it sounds as if it is something for future doing. Everything we are is based on our dna and if there are "defective" genes that cause deadly disease wouldn't it be good to excise them? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee and thine m'dear! :) STAY SAFE!
      August 31, 2020 2:29 AM MDT

No, I'm afraid we can't change human nature that is based at least partly on instinct.

I do not know if genes control emotions; but it is true that biologists and medical researchers are looking at the genetics of inherited diseases to see what can done to treat them or prevent from taking root.

The "creating super humans" notion of years ago, though, is a different matter, and amounts to selective breeding. It is called Eugenics, and was invented in the late 19C, long before the molecular biology of breeding and genetics was discovered. I have heard some 19C plantation slave-owners tried it, without much success, but it reached its nadir in German's Nazi regime, and it may well have been that which showed eugenics for the inhumane idea it was.   
      August 31, 2020 3:49 PM MDT

Is there a gene for cancer I wonder? I very much like the idea of preventing someone from getting a genetic disease. I wonder why some are "inherited" or there is a tendency for certain diseases to run in families? Curing such things would certainly be a godsend. Beyond that it creeps me out to think rich people could order the kind of child they want and the medical people could craft such a one by fiddling around with the fetus. Geez even typing that creeps me out. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative reply Durdle.
      September 1, 2020 1:50 AM MDT

Maybe you can fadize evil the same way that you fadize the ghosts that haunt you - which is by having a ceremony were you take the ghosts that haunt you and put them in a paper bag and then bury them in a long - long grave. Then you can forget about them and move on. Originally an animal pelt was used to hold the ghosts that haunted a person but in these modern times a paper bag will do. Cheers!
      August 31, 2020 4:39 PM MDT

You know Nanoose native americans have what is called "DREAMCATCHERS" that you hang on the wall above the bed. They are supposed to protect you from "bad" dreams and let the good dreams come through to you.

Practically speaking how could you capture a ghost in the first place let alone put him/her inside a bag? Then bury it? Even if you could wouldn't it be just waiting for someone to plow it open and release it? How do you deghost? Ever hear of THE EVIL EYE? In my culture jewelry is made with what looks like an eyeball. No kidding. You wear it to ward off "the evil eye". Grandparents often will give a grandchild something with an eyeball bead in it. They think their beloved grandchild is so special people will be jealous and wish harm to come to the child. They have worry beads made up of tiny eyeballs. At least when I was a kid that's how it was. Old country style. Thank you for your reply. Ever catch a ghost? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at September 1, 2020 2:00 AM MDT
      September 1, 2020 1:59 AM MDT