Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Having been a young person when the MTV channel was new, this just occurred to me: do you realize that there are now approximately two

Having been a young person when the MTV channel was new, this just occurred to me: do you realize that there are now approximately two

entire generations that have never seen what it was like to have 24 hours straight of first-run* music videos on MTV?

*They may have seen reruns or nostalgic shows about that era, but since MTV completely dropped its original format within ten to fifteen years of first being on the air, its programming has drastically changed.
~

Posted - September 6, 2020

Responses

Yep. Even this un-hip guy used to watch it. It's like Rolling Stone magazine used to be about music.
      September 6, 2020 9:54 AM MDT

I never watched MTV very much but I loved VH1........all it was was music videos.  I didn't love them at first.  The idea of watching music seemed goofy, but it didn't take long.
      September 7, 2020 5:47 AM MDT

Thanks!  I had completely forgotten all about VH1!  It was a great channel, a great alternative to MTV!  You’re absolutely right!

September 7, 2020 6:23 AM MDT