Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » The advice given to budding writers is to "write about what you know". What do you know ? What would YOU write about?

The advice given to budding writers is to "write about what you know". What do you know ? What would YOU write about?

Posted - October 11, 2016

Responses

Video games. That is my hobby.
      October 11, 2016 4:22 PM MDT

What are your favorite kinds of video games Oscar? Are there any that are positive/funny or are they mostly about hacking and slaying? Are they violent and dangerous? Do you have a very favorite video game? I'm not familiar with any of them but I know there used to be a lot of discussion about whether they promulgated violence in children. What do you think? Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday! :)
      October 12, 2016 2:27 AM MDT

Some are violent, but some others are of racing cars, which I consider harmless unless one tries to repeat on real life what happens on the screen.
    As long as there's adult supervision I think kids can play games. And for the adults, as long as they have stable personalities the games can be harmless.
      October 13, 2016 4:52 PM MDT

I didn't write a single postcard, until l met someone over three years ago, and now l write exclusively about everything that has happened to me since.
      October 15, 2016 6:49 PM MDT