Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever done anything that was "POSH"*? If so would you share what it was with us?

Ever done anything that was "POSH"*? If so would you share what it was with us?

*POSH
Sumptuously furnished or appointed; luxurious

An Answermug friend happened to use the word "posh" in his response. Isn't it a lovely word? I'm trying very hard to think if I have ever bought or done anything that could be considered POSH.

Posted - September 10, 2020

Responses

Port Out Starboard Home - something to do with the ritzy cabins being on the shady side of the ship (according to David Niven, anyway).
    Never been in that kind of financial league, m'dear. One can't have champagne taste on a beer income.
      September 10, 2020 2:24 AM MDT

So that's the genesis of the word? I LOVE IT! Thank you for sharing that with us R. I've never been on a cruise. Being trapped on a ship surrounded by water with strangers is not my cuppa tea. Have you and Muareen ever been on a cruise? If so would you go again? Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 10, 2020 2:49 AM MDT

No and no. She's susceptible to seasickness, and we were spending too much money on raising kids to raise Cain.
      September 10, 2020 5:10 PM MDT

Me too. I wonder if parents realize that they are exploiting their children for their own purposes? I expect if you are an exploiter you will raise your kids to be the same. "What's in it for me?" How many parents pass that along to their children? Not "how can I help" or "what can I do" but "what's in it for me?". Sigh. I'll ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      September 11, 2020 2:57 AM MDT