Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » In 1962 Rachel Carson wrote THE SILENT SPRING. A book about the dangers of pesticides. We listened and acted on it. Then we blew it! HOW?

In 1962 Rachel Carson wrote THE SILENT SPRING. A book about the dangers of pesticides. We listened and acted on it. Then we blew it! HOW?

In 1981 in the U.K., December 8 to be exact, a documentary was shown titled "WARMING WARNING" and it was all about how humans are contributing VERY BIGLY to it.
Anyone notice we did nothing about it? Nothing significant? Nothing manifestly intelligent?

Anyone notice how certain political crackpots made fun of it and ridiculed it and explained it away? Remember how Al Gore was excoriated when he spoke of it?

1981. Here we are in 2020 and our wildfires are the direct result of our abject stubborness and stupid dumb resistance. Political crackpots rule the world. Their main schtick is ridicule. They are so very good doing it. Proves the depth of their stupidity of course and lack of morality or common sense.

The dipsh** says "sweep the forest floors and all will be okay". Something else about which he is completely ignorant that he is an expert on. It is never ending.

Expect more global warming punishment for ignoring what was coming. We knew. We were warned. We were told. And we chose to "downplay" it just like the dipsh** downplayed his pumkina** virus. Thousands died who should have lived and would have had we had a different president. Thousands will die from global warming too because once again the evil pols chose to make fun of it rather than do something about it. I don't know how much more stupid dumb we can endure until we become extinct. Do you?

Posted - September 13, 2020

Responses

CA fires are a direct result of CA goverment not doing regular forest maintenance.
    And CA electronic companies also failing to do their regular line maintenance including keeping the trees and other undergrowth trimmed. This post was edited by my2cents at September 13, 2020 6:13 AM MDT
      September 13, 2020 6:13 AM MDT

The potential for climate change by artificially-raised atmospheric CO2 level was first raised about 100 years ago. I placed a post about that, citing my source, in the 'Environment' section.

Though the scientists of the time, when most of the world's industries and transport ran on coal, could not predict how rapidly fuel demands would grow, nor the rate of change of the climate, so thought in centuries not decades. 
      September 13, 2020 2:04 PM MDT

Even now the stupid dumbs refuse to accept that climate change devastation has anything to do with homo saps activities. Stupid dumb then stupid dumb now stupid dumb forever rules. Why that is I cannot say and do not know. The stupid dumbs will inherit the world because they are in charge. Embarrassing and humiliating. Sheesh. Thank you for your reply Durdle. As you know I only operate in this space so I have no idea what goes on elsewhere. Since Just Asking asked if I'd mind having my own place and I said "no I wouldn't" I have never ever ventured outside it. Just so ya know.
      September 14, 2020 3:17 AM MDT